RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Solo fails drug test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/09/12 5:12 pm    ::: Solo fails drug test Reply Reply with quote

http://www.usada.org/media/sanction-solo792012

Quote:
Solo, 30, tested positive for Canrenone as the result of an out-of-competition urine sample collected on June 15, 2012. Canrenone is prohibited under the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing and the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA) anti-doping rules, both of which have adopted the World Anti-Doping Code (“Code”) and the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.

PostPosted: 07/09/12 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ESPN says it was from a perscription...Seems to have gotten a warning and will compete in London.

Quote:
"I took a medication prescribed by my personal doctor for pre-menstrual purposes that I did not know contained a diuretic," Solo said in a statement. "Once informed of this fact, I immediately cooperated with USADA and shared with them everything they needed to properly conclude that I made an honest mistake, and that the medication did not enhance my performance in any way."

http://espn.go.com/olympics/summer/2012/soccer/story/_/id/8144953/hope-solo-gets-warning-usada-drug-test-play-olympics

Given the nature of the substance being low on the list...I'm willing to believe it was an honest Mistake...but rest assured the world will be watching.

PostPosted: 07/09/12 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Plenty of people have 'made mistakes' in the past and gotten banned anyway. Rio Ferdinand - another soccer player - simply missed a test and got an eight-month ban.

I think she's very lucky to get away with that, and probably lucky that she's American. For all the noise in recent times, the US has a pretty pathetic record in this area.

PostPosted: 07/10/12 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Plenty of people have 'made mistakes' in the past and gotten banned anyway. Rio Ferdinand - another soccer player - simply missed a test and got an eight-month ban.

I think she's very lucky to get away with that, and probably lucky that she's American. For all the noise in recent times, the US has a pretty pathetic record in this area.

I still remember in the 2000 Olympics Andreea Răducan had her gold medal for testing positive when she was taking a cold medicine given to her by the team physician and it was proven she didn't know what it contained and she was just taking what the doctor told her.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: