RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Golf: US Women's Open
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 07/08/12 3:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Lydia Ko squeaked out a 1 shot win over Emma Talley to be the low amateur. Only three amateurs made the cut this year.

Apparently Ko is the top amateur in the world, at 15 or soething stupid like that. Hey, she's American!

Talley is an incoming freshman at Bama, the reining national champions, when it rains, it pours, right?

Until this year, Bama had never won a National Championship, in anything but football and gymnastics. This year they win football, gymnastics, women's golf, and softball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAAvxekbbP4

Wishful thinking, she claims New Zealand.

PostPosted: 07/08/12 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
Amy Yang, quietly putting together a really solid round of golf. Still 5 shots behind, but that ain't much in an Open. She's playing with Choi, so she don't need a leader board to know where she is.

When Thompson won at Doha last year, they said she was the youngest winner as a pro.

The youngest winner on the LET was Amy Yang, at 16 years old, as an amateur. Yang is an awesome player, period.

Oh, Choi just did something I said she wouldn't do, she hit an ugly shot, not good folks.

Oh shit, Choi has to go back to the tee, hitting 3. It must be a yellow hazzard, so there is no option because it's left and there is no place to back up to hit from. Rut roh Scooby.

Oh shit again, she is going to write a big ass number on this hole, 7 or 8, at least.

Choi followed up her triple bogey 8 with a birdie 3, that pretty much wins it for her, a few holes left but Choi is the class of the field this year, US Open Champion.

PostPosted: 07/08/12 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Michelle Shocked

I'd love it for her to win a major. So much talent there...

Well Merc, she played a great 18 holes, but there are 36 more to play, not exactly her forte.

Nope..

At least she made the cut.. Laughing

Wie has a putting issue, I hope I'm wrong, if I am, she could win this.

Right now I'm liking Kerr, Salas, and Thompson.

5 putts after the first two holes, sorry Merc, but she is toast, I think we are looking at a possible snowman.

Well, she beat the snowman, by a couple shots Rolling Eyes

33 putts, a lot of days I'd take 33 putts, but as a pro, it sucks, you can't pay the bills on 33 putts. Choi was sitting on 13 putts after 12 holes Shocked

33 putts again today, shoots snowman. I know she takes lessons from Dave Stockton, pretty much the best putting instructor in the world.

Wie has the yips, once you've had em, you've got em. There is only one person, in the entire world that may be able to save her ass, Bernhard Langer. The only player in history that beat the yips,

Bernhard Langer.

PostPosted: 07/08/12 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Amy Yang, quietly putting together a really solid round of golf. Still 5 shots behind, but that ain't much in an Open. She's playing with Choi, so she don't need a leader board to know where she is.

When Thompson won at Doha last year, they said she was the youngest winner as a pro.

The youngest winner on the LET was Amy Yang, at 16 years old, as an amateur. Yang is an awesome player, period.

Oh, Choi just did something I said she wouldn't do, she hit an ugly shot, not good folks.

In truth, it really wasn't that ugly, she was probably lined up 20 yards right of where she hit it. Her left side got a little bit loose and she slightly pulled one shot and makes 8.

This is why you actually have to watch these players in person. Folks, when a pro warms up, they hit every shot where they aim it, every frigg'n time.

One of the things I've learned from watching pros play, they take dead aim at the target, every time, missing a shot ain't in their vocabulary. Like never.

I got to see Pak win at Mobile, it was an eye opener, even after she took the lead, she put a bead on the flag, no fear, not even close, just hit it where you aim it, period.

I learned a lot about golf that day.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: