RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Colorado at Kansas

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 02/01/06 8:59 pm    ::: Colorado at Kansas Reply Reply with quote

Buffs up 40-28 at the half. Very Happy

Senior guard Whitney Law has 14 points on 7-of-8 shooting while sophomore guard Yari Escalera has 11 (4-of-6) The backcourt duo has combined for 5 assists and no turnovers.

Last edited by KatValeska on 02/01/06 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatValeska

PostPosted: 02/01/06 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whew and wahoo!

Buffs hold on for the 77-71 win snapping a 12-game road losing streak.

Whitney Law led a balanced CU attack that saw five players net double digits in scoring with 22 points.

Freshman Caley "Smiley" Dow earned her first-career double double with 11 points and 11 rebounds.

Very Happy

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/01/06 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Colorado!

Kansas showing that creampuff scheduling doesn't really help down the stretch.
ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/02/06 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I second the congratulations. Good to see those ladies hanging tough and competing.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 02/02/06 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks y'all.

I hate to lose as much as anyone, but I really haven't had anything negative to say about this year's team for two reasons.

One, like everyone else I know round these parts, I truly believe in Kathy McConnell-Miller's ability to take this program back to its glory days - and hopefully, then some.

Two, the kids have no quit in them and despite the rough going through the past two seasons it appears that they still believe they are going to win every time they step on the court.

I'm thrilled for the entire program about tonight's road win. Can't wait for Texas to get here Saturday.

BTW, what's up with you OU folks? Y'all are always the nicest fans around. (ari20dal7 I'm assuming you are a Sooner supporter, yes)?

ari20dal7

PostPosted: 02/02/06 6:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, prof. We might be nice about women's hoops, but the football......

I can't speak for anyone else, but one of the things that's really gotten me into women's hoops the last couple years is the positive nature of the fans (when there are any). It's a game that I love with an emphasis on fundamentals and team play, as well as a competitive spirit that remains sportsmanlike. I saw that in CU when they came to Norman. They really had an opportunity to run and hide after things started going wrong early, but they never quit and did their best to compete. You can't help but respect that.

BTW, I've lived in Oklahoma most of my life and am now a grad student at OU, so it's pretty easy to be a Sooner fan Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: