RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

SDS just Hit Lisa Leslie on ESPN!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/21/05 11:41 pm    ::: SDS just Hit Lisa Leslie on ESPN!! Reply Reply with quote

"I can't work with this person!" SDS said Razz

Lisa also welcomed Chamique and said that they'd take care of her and such and that she's going to have a great year with them.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/22/05 8:37 am    ::: Re: SDS just Hit Lisa Leslie on ESPN!! Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
"I can't work with this person!" SDS said Razz

Lisa also welcomed Chamique and said that they'd take care of her and such and that she's going to have a great year with them.

I thought Lisa's comments were not that welcoming. She said Mique would do fine with the Sparks, but did not comment on how they would play together, or their history on the Olympic team. I guess I expected a little more love. Confused

PostPosted: 03/22/05 8:41 am    ::: Re: SDS just Hit Lisa Leslie on ESPN!! Reply Reply with quote

wnbafan wrote:

I thought Lisa's comments were not that welcoming. She said Mique would do fine with the Sparks, but did not comment on how they would play together, or their history on the Olympic team. I guess I expected a little more love. Confused

Lisa Leslie doesn't emote that well - I wouldn't read too much into that. I get a "prickly cactus" feeling from her (or is that just my penchant for bizarre imagery at work?)
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 03/22/05 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was impressed by how both SDS and LL handled the Mique situation, especially the way Rece shoved it in their faces. It was something we all wanted them to comment on, and I think they both handled their respective responses very professionally and well.

princecharming

PostPosted: 03/22/05 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think that SDS and LL handled the situation very respectfully. I think one of the reasons LL was not a as welcoming if it came off that way on camera was that Milton-Jones is one of her best friends on the team I could see hers eyes water up a little bit. She even said she was shocked by the move. If this was the first time hearing the move officially then it would be a shock to her especially because it effects her team and her friend. Good luck to both Claw and Milton-Jones hope things work out for both of them on their new teams.

wnbafan

PostPosted: 03/22/05 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
I was impressed by how both SDS and LL handled the Mique situation, especially the way Rece shoved it in their faces. It was something we all wanted them to comment on, and I think they both handled their respective responses very professionally and well.

Good point by you and all. I did think it was professionally well-done. I hope the excitement for LL comes later. I may have to become a Sparks fan Shocked .

Rece does seem to shove things in their faces alot, doesn't he?

PostPosted: 03/22/05 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The bad thing is that SDS and LL seem to take the bait. That's usually when Stacy starts RAISING HER VOICE LIKE SHE IS NOT MIKED AT ALL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: