RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: 06/23/12 9:37 pm    ::: I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects. Reply Reply with quote

That is to say, thundersticks, bangers, noisemakers, those plastic things you smash together to make noise, whatever it is you call them in your particular neck of the woods. Get your mind out of the gutter.

For those of you not in the know, my house is decorated in Late Modern Women's Basketball, and we have deflated thundersticks along the top of one wall like a wallpaper border. I've seen some very nifty ones watching games, notably the black San Antonio ones, the pale blue Dream ones, and the orange Mercury ones. I WANT.

So I'm putting a general request out there. I have Liberty ones and can get Sun ones; I also have old Storm and Dream ones, but wouldn't mind updated ones. Hit me on PM.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 06/23/12 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream have been handing out dark blue ones with the Aaron's logo on them all season. Even the PA announcer calls them Aaron's Thunder Stix.

PostPosted: 06/24/12 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does it have the Dream logo anywhere...if so we'll take em...if not..no thanks...we're doing WBB not NASCAR Wink

PostPosted: 06/24/12 8:33 am    ::: Re: I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects. Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
That is to say, thundersticks, bangers, noisemakers, those plastic things you smash together to make noise, whatever it is you call them in your particular neck of the woods. Get your mind out of the gutter.

For those of you not in the know, my house is decorated in Late Modern Women's Basketball, and we have deflated thundersticks along the top of one wall like a wallpaper border. I've seen some very nifty ones watching games, notably the black San Antonio ones, the pale blue Dream ones, and the orange Mercury ones. I WANT.

So I'm putting a general request out there. I have Liberty ones and can get Sun ones; I also have old Storm and Dream ones, but wouldn't mind updated ones. Hit me on PM.

well crap. They gave them out last night and I didn't grab any. I promise next time I'll get ya two sets!

PostPosted: 06/24/12 9:54 am    ::: Re: I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects. Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Queenie wrote:

well crap. They gave them out last night and I didn't grab any. I promise next time I'll get ya two sets!

One of your fellow Merc fans beat you to the punch, but thanks for thinking of us!

caune

PostPosted: 06/24/12 9:56 am    ::: Re: I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects. Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
caune wrote:
Queenie wrote:

One of your fellow Merc fans beat you to the punch, but thanks for thinking of us!

Good. Sharing is good!

PostPosted: 06/24/12 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky give them out but I don't know if they have the logo on them. I'll check next time we go

PostPosted: 06/24/12 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There were rainbow Storm ones on Friday night and likely will be today as well! If you are interested I would grab some and send them to you (and I promise not to put anthrax in the envelope Wink

Nerd2

PostPosted: 06/24/12 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
There were rainbow Storm ones on Friday night and likely will be today as well! If you are interested I would grab some and send them to you (and I promise not to put anthrax in the envelope Wink

Where were those?

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 06/24/12 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But where else is my mind supposed to live?

PostPosted: 06/24/12 8:36 pm    ::: Re: I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects. Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Queenie wrote:
caune wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Good. Sharing is good!

And, after looking around have some from years past as well. You'll have them soon.

PS: Caune, the micro Tshirt I snagged ended up with a sweet little girl who looked heart broken not to have gotten a shirt after the game.....I know now what a beautiful smile she has. Wink

PostPosted: 06/24/12 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I <3 Board Junkies.

For the offers made both on this thread and through PM, many thanks- still working my way through the PMs. Once the project is complete, we'll post pictures. With all the teams we're hearing from, this is going to be amazing, and really show off that we're not just Liberty fans, we're WNBA fans.

unsubtle edit: between open posts on the thread and PMs, we've heard from seven fan bases! With the Libs and Sun already well covered by our own travels, that makes nine. Dare I hope to hear from Tulsa, San Antonio (seriously, SASS fans, those black ones are sexy), or Minnesota?

norwester

PostPosted: 06/25/12 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:

Where were those?

They were handing them out at the booth at the festival outside, and also on the tables outside the doors as you entered the arena, by the programs.

PostPosted: 06/25/12 1:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:

Where were those?

They were handing them out at the booth at the festival outside, and also on the tables outside the doors as you entered the arena, by the programs.

Yep, found them today. Queenie, three of us are headed to the Libs/Storm game next weekend. I could bring a pair if you want.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/25/12 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
norwester wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
threefrom60 wrote:

Where were those?

Yep, found them today. Queenie, three of us are headed to the Libs/Storm game next weekend. I could bring a pair if you want.

psheehy's already offered to send a pair, but come by Section 9 anyway. Would love to meet you!

caune

PostPosted: 06/25/12 8:39 am    ::: Re: I yearn for long, inflatable, rounded objects. Reply Reply with quote

Huskie wrote:

PS: Caune, the micro Tshirt I snagged ended up with a sweet little girl who looked heart broken not to have gotten a shirt after the game.....I know now what a beautiful smile she has. Wink

See. Sharing is good!

PostPosted: 07/09/12 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bumping with an update:

Thanks to chloe's nifty light-up Sparks ones (the light on the spare lasted two days!), psheehy's Storm pride ones, Huskie's many Mercury ones, Joe Foss's matched pair of Fever ones, and the kindness of a Silver Stars fan yesterday, we're up to 8 out of 12 current teams on the walls, and the effect is looking niftier and niftier!

Of current teams, we now only lack Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, and Tulsa; we'd also welcome with open arms the long shot of getting some from ex-WNBA cities.

vallee

PostPosted: 07/09/12 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll send you one for the Mystics. Heck, I'm so fed up that you may get more "valuable" Mystics stuff in the mailing. I put a WNBA tshirt signed by Alana in the charity donation bag last night.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/09/12 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have Sacramento and Detroit. Mr. Green Mr. Green

BCBG25

PostPosted: 07/09/12 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
But where else is my mind supposed to live?

Right?
I wish you would've asked sooner, I threw a lot of them away during my move...I'll see if I saved some to deliver some time this year. Wink

PostPosted: 07/09/12 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We've been down to OK for four Shock games thus far--no thundersticks have been seen. They did have them last year--I'll inquire when we go down this fall and PM if we have any luck.

Huskie

PostPosted: 07/09/12 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Bumping with an update:

Thanks to chloe's nifty light-up Sparks ones (the light on the spare lasted two days!), psheehy's Storm pride ones, Huskie's many Mercury ones, Joe Foss's matched pair of Fever ones, and the kindness of a Silver Stars fan yesterday, we're up to 8 out of 12 current teams on the walls, and the effect is looking niftier and niftier!

Of current teams, we now only lack Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, and Tulsa; we'd also welcome with open arms the long shot of getting some from ex-WNBA cities.

I snagged some at the Merc v Sky game for you, prior to being kicked out by Allstate Arena security for overstaying my welcome trying to obtain autographs. Laughing

PostPosted: 07/25/12 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bumping again with a decorating update for the warm and fuzzies:

vallee came through big time with not one, not two, but three different Mystics thundersticks in three different colors, from both the blue-and-bronze era and the red-and-blue era (along with some other nifty Mystics knick-knacks- does anyone know how to rig a windsock?)

We just got Huskie's Chicago "cheering sticks" in today's mail, and are discussing the best place along the border to put them. She's been super.

Ten current cities down, two to go! (We also welcome ex-W cities, though we're going to have to move things soon. It wouldn't be appropriate to shift the Sue Wicks poster to a closet door, right? Even if it's the outside of the door?)

vallee

PostPosted: 07/26/12 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, I'll go there:

I think Sue would be fine being out of the closet.

Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 07/26/12 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vallee wrote:
Okay, I'll go there:

I think Sue would be fine being out of the closet.

Good one! Thanks for the morning laugh!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: