RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hey BBallFan! At it again???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/21/05 12:40 pm    ::: Hey BBallFan! At it again??? Reply Reply with quote

You stirring things up on the Boneyard again? Shocked

Just cause you hang with me here doesn't mean you have to get yourself in trouble too! Laughing

They treat people like dirt sometimes don't they? Confused

Thank you for your interest in RebKell's forum of open discussion! Cool

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/21/05 3:09 pm    ::: Re: Hey BBallFan! At it again??? Reply Reply with quote

Hi. My name is BBallFanCT729, and I am a bad UConn fan. I love it Very Happy .

I know some here might not agree with what I said, and that's fine, but calling the Rutgers players "thugs" didn't seem appropriate to me. I know "thugs" and the "thug" life, and the Rutgers players aren't "thugs." I just find saying that to be as classless as whatever the Rutgers players may or may not have done.

I love UConn, I love most of the fans, but a few of those on the Boneyard live in glass houses. They are so quick to critique and put down other programs, yet they don't recognize that UConn has players that sometimes do what they accuse others of doing. To me, that is hypocrisy.

Honestly, how can they harp about class, when some of them were most likely booing Rutgers yesterday? How is that classy? They were booing talented student-athletes and a Hall of Fame coach, yet they think that Rutgers is classless.

I'm glad I posted what I did. I needed to get it off my chest, as it had been bothering me since the incident took place. If anybody here disagrees with my opinions, that's fine.

So, I haven't seen the thread in a while, what are the reactions like?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/21/05 3:14 pm    ::: Re: Hey BBallFan! At it again??? Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

They are gathering pitchforks and torches to come after you. I thought it was pretty laughable the way they are so appreciative of the info you provide them on HS players, etc. and then as soon as you make one statement that may have hit home with some of them, you're ripped to shreds and get the horrible "thank you for your interest" crap.

Keep calling them the way you see them; at least here! Here we may not agree, but at least there is (usually) respect for the poster. Let the idiots stay at the Boneyard and not realize that blue skies have clouds too!

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/21/05 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some of my favorites:

UConn68&74: Huskynan can call it whatever she wants, holding this sincerely against CVS seems more "appropriate" than dropping it, and I hope the other 10,166 fans at Storrs for the Rutgers/Temple game think the same and show her and her team how a Husky treats an abuser of one of our own.

Creems: Once again, my response to your post can only be captured through the immortal words of Bugs Bunny (in response to yet another innane tirade by the inimitable Yosemite Sam): WHAT A MAROON! Tah, tah!

JS (my personal favorite): Don't email us, we'll ask for your views at an appropriate time. Promise. The very next time we're
(a) hungering for a lecture on how, in your opinion, we "should" post;
(b) feeling the need for some really, really tiresome sermonizing; and/or
(c) forced to listen as part of a CIA sleep deprivation test.

Lots of people are angry, 729. Have been and remain so. You aren't gonna change that by taking it upon yourself to tell them they shouldn't be or how they should express themselves.

You wanta root out hypocrites? I've got a couple of better places you could look. You just wanta talk basketball? Great. Do so, and spare us the preaching.

and of course, good old HuskyRob (that expert in original thought):
Thank you for your interest in UCONN basketball....

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/21/05 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn...I can just feel the love through the monitor Rolling Eyes . Whatever...they can keep holding themselves upon hypocritical pedestals.

Excuse my french, but huskyrob is a jackass, pure and simple. I certainly won't miss posting with that person.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/21/05 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
I certainly won't miss posting with that person.

What do you mean? You didn't get banned did you?

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/21/05 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:
I certainly won't miss posting with that person.

What do you mean? You didn't get banned did you?

No, but I am truly taking a break from there. I don't do well when I feel like I have to censor my feelings when they differ from the majority.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/21/05 3:42 pm    ::: Re: Hey BBallFan! At it again??? Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
Hi. My name is BBallFanCT729, and I am a bad UConn fan. I love it Very Happy .

I know some here might not agree with what I said, and that's fine, but calling the Rutgers players "thugs" didn't seem appropriate to me. I know "thugs" and the "thug" life, and the Rutgers players aren't "thugs." I just find saying that to be as classless as whatever the Rutgers players may or may not have done.

I love UConn, I love most of the fans, but a few of those on the Boneyard live in glass houses. They are so quick to critique and put down other programs, yet they don't recognize that UConn has players that sometimes do what they accuse others of doing. To me, that is hypocrisy.

Honestly, how can they harp about class, when some of them were most likely booing Rutgers yesterday? How is that classy? They were booing talented student-athletes and a Hall of Fame coach, yet they think that Rutgers is classless.

I'm glad I posted what I did. I needed to get it off my chest, as it had been bothering me since the incident took place. If anybody here disagrees with my opinions, that's fine.

*hugs* Thank you. It's nice to know that the good UConn fans who just love the game also have Internet access. I was worried all y'all were throwbacks, and only the haters had computers.

I was at yesterday's sessions- yes, sessionS, I didn't just come for the game I was interested in- in my Rutgers tee, proudly cheering on my team in one game, hoping LA Tech would pull out an upset in one game, and enjoying the night session games, cheering on Richmond to salvage my bracket and trying my damnedest to be neutral in the UConn-Dartmouth game. I can vouch for the hypocrisy of those bitching about Rutgers's supposed lack of class. Two different fans took the time to yell "Rutgers has no class!" at me and my bf, who was also in scarlet. We got dirty looks from a lot of people. During the Rutgers-Hartford pregame, when a group of RU fans got the back and forth "R! U! R! U!" chant going, the lady sitting to our right felt the need to insert "stinks!" in the middle. One guy asked me where my conference loyalty was when I applauded the UConn men's loss. {normally I would be a conference loyalist, but the heckling had gotten to me; I have a short fuse} Only during game #4, when most of the Husky fans had left, did I truly feel comfortable.

I don't want to indict all UConn fans, nor should this be read that way. There were people sitting to our other side who were very nice, very personable, very tolerant, and kind enough to recommend us a place for dinner. And hanging out around here, I've gotten to know several rational, decent UConn fans. I just wish you guys weren't represented by the lunatic fringe.

729, you don't deserve the crap they're dishing out on you on the Boneyard. I wish they'd get the message that you don't have to be a party line, blind faith loyalist to be a true fan.

(now with spelling variations)
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/21/05 4:19 pm    ::: Re: Hey BBallFan! At it again??? Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

729, you don't deserve the crap they're dishing out on you on the Boneyard. I wish they'd get the message that you don't have to be a party line, blind faith loyalist to be a true fan.

They can't get that message Queenie; they always shoot the messenger!

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/21/05 8:17 pm    ::: Re: Hey BBallFan! At it again??? Reply Reply with quote

I can see the yarders side when talking about Rutgers, and their feelings towards that program. However, I don't see why you can't post your opinion, isn't that what a message board is for? (I like CVIV, but I have lost a lot of respect for her.) I read your post, and personally thought the other yarders were taking too much offense to it. The problem on that board is that emotions are too high, to start talking logically. Hopefully they will cool down soon because I don't know how much more of the anti-rutgers posts I can take...Uconn played great (granted it was against Dartmouth) and all they can talk about is Rutgers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: