RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sycamore women’s hoops deserve top 25 ranking in AP poll

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ILuvCatch

PostPosted: 01/27/06 1:45 pm    ::: Sycamore women’s hoops deserve top 25 ranking in AP poll Reply Reply with quote

As I looked through the women's basketball polls this week, I realized that the ISU women's basketball team is ranked 35th in the Associated Press poll. Then I thought to myself, only 35th? They currently have a record of 15-2 with an unblemished 7-0 mark in Missouri Valley Conference play. Their only two losses came at the hands of quality opponents in major conferences. One of them was a blowout loss on the road against #5 ranked Connecticut. The other was a 10-point loss to Kentucky, who is a member of the SEC, arguably the best women's basketball conference in the nation with five ranked teams.

http://www.indianastatesman.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2006/01/25/43d6ef3e39e17

-Tamika Catchings
boilerjay

PostPosted: 01/27/06 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 43-point loss to UConn doesn't look good. Confused

Sternvogel

PostPosted: 01/27/06 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As one of the headlines on the page linked above notes, senior Melanie Boeglin broke the Sycamores' individual record for one-game scoring by exploding for 46 points in last night's 92-87 double-OT win at Drake. The winning streak is now at 14 heading into Saturday's visit to Creighton, a traditional Missouri Valley Conference power which has not lost to ISU in Omaha since 1997. However, the Bluejays are struggling through a 6-11 campaign, which includes being routed at Northwestern in a game I attended. Last night, Creighton suffered its first-ever home loss to Illinois State, so the odds are good for Indiana State to emerge from the weekend with a 17-2 overall mark and a few more votes in the polls.

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/birthdays/index.html

Let me know of any players/teams you wish to see added!
Alepp03

PostPosted: 01/27/06 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No quality wins. I'm all for ISU, but they won't get one either unless they get one in the tournament.

Go Lisch!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: