RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

don't forget - meek on sportscenter @ 10:30 et {EOM}

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 03/20/05 10:29 am    ::: don't forget - meek on sportscenter @ 10:30 et {EOM} Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 03/20/05 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, why did they make us wait the whole show for that???
Was it just me or the guy said "WNBC season"???
Well, anyway, I guess, from what she said, her condition or whatever you want to call it, has nothing to do with basketball or frustration over whatever was happening in her professional career. She said she became impatient and that's true. Remember how she dogged her teammates in a Post story?
She has one year left in her contract, there's a possibility she will be traded, but she definitely was able to talk about that openly and showed real emotion. I wouldn't doubt what she said. Those here who made those obnoxious comments on her leading the Mystics up should be ashamed of themselves, just step up now and admit you were dead wrong and on top of that, insensitive. You know who you are.

PostPosted: 03/20/05 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i second all of that. and yeah, i shoulda figured they'd make us wait till damned near the end.

i have doubts that anything will be different for mique once she returns home, unless she has successfully dealt with/come to terms with the root cause of her depression.

PostPosted: 03/20/05 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The root cause of clinical depression is chemical inbalance in the brain. I'm sure she's dealing with that appropriately.

It took courage for her to get up and do that, and her effort will give courage to lots of the rest of us out here who also suffer. All those pictures of her crying on the bench just tore my heart.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/21/05 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope VePoop didn't miss that guy saying that Holdsclaw acknowledged she could be traded...

PostPosted: 03/21/05 10:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't be stupid, BCBG, that guy was just another one of Seth's mouth pieces

PostPosted: 03/21/05 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, the Brigade has a BSPN rep too! Shocked

PostPosted: 03/21/05 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb says
Quote:
i have doubts that anything will be different for mique once she returns home, unless she has successfully dealt with/come to terms with the root cause of her depression.

inky says
Quote:
The root cause of clinical depression is chemical inbalance in the brain. I'm sure she's dealing with that appropriately.

Both of these statements are true. Clinical depression is a chemical inbalance than can be triggered, worsened and/or mitigated by physical, psychological, emotional and environmental factors and stressors.

Most psychiatrists would encourage the patient to be proactive in effecting change to reduce environmental stressors. And I'm not talking about global warming.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/21/05 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

there was one thing that I found interesting in that report: that it was Wilbon's column that really stung. They didn't mention his name, but they showed the newsclipping while O'Malley was talking about the hurtful things that "some columnists" had said.

I still would like to hear some explanation, apology, further thoughts from Wilbon about the whole thing. Of course, it will probably never happen.

Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 03/21/05 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
there was one thing that I found interesting in that report: that it was Wilbon's column that really stung. They didn't mention his name, but they showed the newsclipping while O'Malley was talking about the hurtful things that "some columnists" had said.

I still would like to hear some explanation, apology, further thoughts from Wilbon about the whole thing. Of course, it will probably never happen.

i disagree, i don't think he needs to apologize.but if you want his take, give him a shout.

he has a chat, so try it today...

http://discuss.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/zforum/05/sports_wilbon_032105.htm

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/21/05 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:

Nobody ever apologized for making comments about Vin Baker after it was released that he was suffering from depression, so I don't expect anything different.

Some commentators even dismissed the public diagnosis as an excuse and continued to call him lazy and without a work-ethic. Isiah Thomas however, defended him on TV during his analyst stint, saying that he was offended by such comments and that "it's a medical condition and it should be treated as such." Isiah got the Head Coaching job at Indiana soon after... Shocked

Didn't feel like waiting through the entire Sportscenter program, so I just taped it and fast forwarded it to the interview... Idea

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/21/05 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, I didn't say that he owes an apology. I think his criticism was probably mostly valid (if somewhat ill-informed) at the time it was given. I'd just like to hear what he says about it now that he knows the truth.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: