Board Junkies Forums

Elaine Powell Fight at Polish Finals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/15/05 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
I can't speak for Cam

Funny, but I don't remember asking you to. I didn't mention Cam..

He's the one who started the Donna Summer jokes blue.

Then you get two numskulls like Nolan and Powell that go overseas and go DUI and punch out an opponent, regardless of her "mental state". Can you imagine if that happened here the damage they would do to the league?

This league has dealt with worse. Holding two players accountable for the future of the league isn't saying much for the league, is it? And its hardly fair to the players.

Those players are facing their punishment. If you want to continue to throw stones, count me out. Its not funny.[/quote]

Different strokes, blue. But you're throwing stones now...

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/15/05 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't take offense to Cam's statement. But you keep bringing him up. Why?

As to throwing stones, you are doing quite the job of it. Carry on, dts.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 03/15/05 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluewolfvii wrote:
I didn't take offense to Cam's statement. But you keep bringing him up. Why?

As to throwing stones, you are doing quite the job of it. Carry on, dts.

You know what? Since everyone's so happy to have you here blue, it's a good time for me to take a break. Between this crap, VeProf, and Admiral, I've had my fill of boards for now.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/15/05 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
People here have said cut EP some slack, I have not been one of those. Neither has Cam.

Actually, I made a joke for the benefit of the board members about Laimbeer's reputation for being the bad boy and having passed it along to his players.

What Powell did was disgusting, especially considering the other player was lying on her back, while Powell continued to throw punches (and would have continued to do so had she not been pulled off). I am sure BL was horrified, as were the rest of us.

Elaine's mother may have died, which may explain her violent reaction (as some have speculated). But it does NOT excuse it.

herrade

PostPosted: 03/16/05 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

You know what? Since everyone's so happy to have you here blue, it's a good time for me to take a break. Between this crap, VeProf, and Admiral, I've had my fill of boards for now.

you've been taking quite the beating dts, and you don't deserve it. you've been an important member of this community -- respectful, intellegent, witty -- and you should have everyone's respect for that. at least, you have mine.

if the people roughing you up knew what a great person you are, i suspect they wouldn't be so quick to use you as the punching bag du jour.

is it me, or has there been a lot more hostility around here lately?

PostPosted: 03/16/05 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
is it me, or has there been a lot more hostility around here lately?

it's not you. we are getting more and more like the ESPN board. we just don't have all the "WOMEN'S BASKETBLAL PLAYERS ARE ALL DYKES!!!!" threads.

monarchgamespictaker

PostPosted: 03/16/05 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Back to the topic.

According to Fiba.com, Elaine played all 40 min yesterday against Gambrinus. Shocked

I guess there was no suspension. Confused

PostPosted: 03/16/05 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So that's one less thing she has to worry about. Guess we have to wait to hear on whether she's in trouble with the Polish authorities.

PostPosted: 03/16/05 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

monarchgamespictaker wrote:
Back to the topic.

According to Fiba.com, Elaine played all 40 min yesterday against Gambrinus. Shocked

I guess there was no suspension. Confused

that really is shocking. i don't see how you can justify not suspending her for AT LEAST several games.

PostPosted: 03/16/05 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree. Seems like a terrible non-decision to me.
What message does this send out?? Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: 03/16/05 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You've been taking quite the beating dts, and you don't deserve it. you've been an important member of this community -- respectful, intellegent, witty -- and you should have everyone's respect for that. at least, you have mine.

if the people roughing you up knew what a great person you are, i suspect they wouldn't be so quick to use you as the punching bag du jour.

is it me, or has there been a lot more hostility around here lately?s it me, or has there been a lot more hostility around here lately?

To be clear on this, Herrade, DTS has my respect. We disagreed for what is probably the first time in two years. The Powell situation has been an agonizing one that has the potential divide people, even old friends..

I don't know what DTS been into with other posters lately, but I have never regarded him as a punching bag, nor do I see him losing many arguments he gets into. He is more than capable of taking care of himself, frequently backs up his friends, and is a kind heart who did a friend a favor walking away from an argument that neither of us could win.

I know Hoop hardly at all, but he and I have discussed this topic off board, and have found common ground on which we agree.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/16/05 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to Fiba.com, Elaine played all 40 min yesterday against Gambrinus.

I guess there was no suspension.

She was suspended for the Polish league season. One interpretation is that FIBA determined it had no jurisdiction to suspend a player on what happened in a national league, but maybe it is still deciding.

If Michalu is still following this topic, perhaps he can inform us as to FIBAs thinking here. Or we can ask on the FPKK English speaking board, where there are fans of Elaine's Polish league team, Lotos Gdynia.
http://www.basketmania.pl/viewtopic.php?t=3037&sid=a19b22e81d481e0098673c7005a292fd

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/16/05 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="herrade
...if the people roughing you up knew what a great person you are, i suspect they wouldn't be so quick to use you as the punching bag du jour...
quote]

I have the utmost respect for DTS and look forward to meeting him in person at some point this season.
We don't entirely agree on the Powell situation, but friends don't agree on everything.
If there has been any hostility towards him that I've not noticed then I have to say, "I'm with you, bro!"

smenko

PostPosted: 03/16/05 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My only problem with dts is his inability to consider what a great team the Red Sox really are. Other than that, he's been a wonderful addition to our little community of Women's BB fans. Besides it's fun to follow the adventures of little "Sparkettes."

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/16/05 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my only problem with DTS is his failure to admit the obvious truth: that Thibault is an ass.

Laughing

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/16/05 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
it's not you. we are getting more and more like the ESPN board. we just don't have all the "WOMEN'S BASKETBLAL PLAYERS ARE ALL DYKES!!!!" threads.

We also don't have the rampant ghost posting (methinks some people have like 4-5 handles on that board), poor grammar and not every post here is an utterly pointless pissing contest (only half Laughing )
michalu

PostPosted: 03/18/05 6:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EP played in QuarterFinals in Euroleague last tuesday. Gdynia lost in Brno 66-63. She had 15 points, 3 steals, 2 asists and one turnover. Crucial to, because she didn't manage to leave her side of the backcourt in 8 seconds. (17 sec to go, 63-63). But she played very well. Today is Game 2.

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 03/18/05 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, michalu, I read a little about that on FIBA's site. It sounded like Elaine's clutch shooting kept getting Gdynia back into the game, then she commits the critical TO on a whistle for a backcourt violation with 17 secs to play.

I'm keeping my eye on the Euroleague today to see if Gdynia is staying in or will be eliminated in the 1/4 final. Another game that's going to play today- I wish I could see -is Samara's game in Valencia (Samara is 1 up).

michalu

PostPosted: 03/19/05 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lotos played very well yesterday and won 87-72. Powell-Nolan, this duo was unstoppable. Many people say, that it was the best Elaine's game ever in Poland (23 points FG: 11/16). Nolan added 21 and Margo had 20 points 10 rb and 5 assists. In Brno Taj MacWilliams had 22pkt and 16rb.

Tommorow I am going to see how Wisla with PeeWee is playing in Poznan (300 miles from Cracow) in Play Offs. Suprisingly after 2 games in Cracow is a tie 1-1 (best of five). First game we lost 57-63, and next day we won 78-38!!!! WOMEN! Shannon played very good, she had 25 points and 7 steals and only 2 to.

You should have European section, on this forum, in order to write about WNBA's players playing in Europe.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 03/20/05 3:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:
People here have said cut EP some slack, I have not been one of those. Neither has Cam.

Actually, I made a joke for the benefit of the board members about Laimbeer's reputation for being the bad boy and having passed it along to his players.

What Powell did was disgusting, especially considering the other player was lying on her back, while Powell continued to throw punches (and would have continued to do so had she not been pulled off). I am sure BL was horrified, as were the rest of us.

Elaine's mother may have died, which may explain her violent reaction (as some have speculated). But it does NOT excuse it.

Oh shooot! I guess, I just got my board privileges suspended for the latest baby baller. I got this inspiration and I couldn't stop myself. http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=10271#10271

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
therese_defarge

PostPosted: 03/20/05 5:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smoovie wrote:
Oh shooot! I guess, I just got my board privileges suspended for the latest baby baller. I got this inspiration and I couldn't stop myself. http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=10271#10271

With over 21000 views on her baby baller thread Smoovie should be officially designated a Forum Treasure.

As for this baby, it is almost too generous to put her in a boxing ring. In boxing rings boxers wear thickly padded gloves and can't punch an opponent when they are down. Smoovie's picture is tastefully done and if this is the worst that Elaine Powell has to put up with she will have got off lightly indeed.

PostPosted: 03/21/05 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

michalu wrote:
Lotos played very well yesterday and won 87-72. Powell-Nolan, this duo was unstoppable. Many people say, that it was the best Elaine's game ever in Poland (23 points FG: 11/16). Nolan added 21 and Margo had 20 points 10 rb and 5 assists. In Brno Taj MacWilliams had 22pkt and 16rb.

Tommorow I am going to see how Wisla with PeeWee is playing in Poznan (300 miles from Cracow) in Play Offs. Suprisingly after 2 games in Cracow is a tie 1-1 (best of five). First game we lost 57-63, and next day we won 78-38!!!! WOMEN! Shannon played very good, she had 25 points and 7 steals and only 2 to.

You should have European section, on this forum, in order to write about WNBA's players playing in Europe.

Thanks, michalu, for the update! Good luck to Wisla and PeeWee in playoffs. Hooray for Elaine, Deanna, and fans of Gdynia who with one more win are advancing next round in Euroleague.

Your suggestion about the European section sounds like a good one to me. What's everyone else think about it? Might attract some more people from outside the US and Australia, where most of the posters seem to be coming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: