RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA Kraft Nabisco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 03/29/12 10:46 am    ::: LPGA Kraft Nabisco Reply Reply with quote

Golf's first major of the year is under way. GC will have 6 hours coverage toda and tomorrow, split between the early rounds (11 - 2 CST), and then later the late rounds (5 - 8 CST).

Nobody lighting up the score board just yet.

PostPosted: 03/31/12 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thied round, just underway. it could get interesting today when the cameras come on. the course has been a bit soft with virtually no wind for two days. Yani leads by two and her biggest threat right now is Pak, 3 back.

the wind is supposed to come up in the 20 - 30 MPH range thuis afternoon about the time leaders tee off. Right now is a grand opportunity for someone to go low and the watch the leaders try to to get to the house.

Right now the only players making a move so far are the two amateurs, who started dead last at 7:13 this morning, one was -4 and and the other -2 on the the day. if someone higher up the board can do that early they could get back in this thing.

Should be interesting. I'm not ready to hand the trophy to Yani, just yet.

PostPosted: 04/01/12 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, I write something more in a day or two but that finish was the cliche of golf. A tight finish, and the the player most deserving lipped out a formality, about 8 inches worth, and lost in a play off. As a golfer you never want to see something like that and that was about the worst I've ever seen.

Normally you die a thousand cuts, this was hard to watch.

PostPosted: 04/03/12 8:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have put this off long enough, you can digest, chew, think and ignore, but at some point, you have to photograph it, and that will be your memory.

I have so much to say about this week at the Kraft, but so little talent or time to express. Where to start? The end I guess.
(It was too much to hope she wins the playoff.)

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/blog/eye-on-golf/18249688/video-ik-kim-misses-one-foot-putt-to-win-lpga-major

Stacy Lewis shot 66 the final day, she made 22 birdies on the week. Natalie Gulbis fired a 65. This when they played the most windy conditions.

For most of the day, there were at least 15 players with a chance to win the title. So there are at least 15 players thinking they choked, did not measure up, pick a phrase. Inky, you are not alone. A swim in Poppy's Pond, Tradition, like the green jacket at the Masters. IT WAS THE WORST PUTTING EXHIBITION I HAVE EVER SEEN IN CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF. Period, end of story.

With 2.3 holes to play, there were 4 players tied at 9 under. Out of that four, I. K. Kim stepped up.

Inky is a poster for LPGA golf, she works hard, she is a beautiful woman, and she competes every frigg'n week.

Starting at 16, I.K. (Inky}, made up four shots in two holes with a couple of damn good birdies. So Inky won the damn thing, and then, apparently, for a split second, her eyes failed to square the blade of the putter to her line. Maybe her eyes teared up, maybe she had a brain fart, pick a number.

I watched the slow mo, Im a guy inflicted with the yips. I once had 3 feet for eagle on a par 5, I literally hit the top of the ball with the bottom of my putter, from three feet. So believe me when I say this, it was not a yip, it was not a choke, it was a brain fart.

In the words of Roberto De Vicenzo, "What a stupid I am".

I refuse to believe that Inky will let this one moment define her career, she is everything the LPGA strives to be, a hard worker, a winner, a skilled golfer by any measure, it's no wonder that the crowd was yelling "Inky" just hoping she could some how win a playoff, against a player not of her stature. Not anymore.

[oh shit, I deleted some how the most important part:]

One final word, Yoo Sun Young, she won the championship, she made a 15 footer to win. Nobody gave her anything,

[/img]

That's Golf, Very Happy

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: