RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LJ wants Graf to be Capitals coach

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 03/17/05 5:53 pm    ::: LJ wants Graf to be Capitals coach Reply Reply with quote

http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=local&category=general%20sport&story_id=379511&y=2005&m=3

I would like to see Carrie focus on the Phoenix job.

LJ, if you miss Carrie, you could always come down and play for the Merc Wink
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/17/05 9:01 pm    ::: Re: LJ wants Graf to be Capitals coach Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
http://canberra.yourguide.com.au/detail.asp?class=sport&subclass=local&category=general%20sport&story_id=379511&y=2005&m=3

I would like to see Carrie focus on the Phoenix job.

LJ, if you miss Carrie, you could always come down and play for the Merc Wink

That will only happen if DT is shipped out...NO!!! I understand why everyone in Phoenix would love that trade, however.

Besides...I don't like green Sad .

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/17/05 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ is an unrestricted free agent in a couple of years Wink

Of course this would mean having no bench to fit everybody under the salary cap but the sacrifices we have to make...
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/17/05 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ & DT on the same team would be ridiculous!! I'd love to see that.

threefrom60

PostPosted: 03/17/05 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can see that... and you can probably see it in person... at the All Star game next year! With Sue, Diana and Lauren all starting, and AD as the head coach. Lauren will finally get adequate playing time in the ASG. I've always felt like Cooper held her back so as not to upstage Lisa, even last year when she was a starter and not coming off the bench (which seems so ridiculous now, Lauren Jackson coming off of anyone's bench).

Hey, a D for LJ trade would put Lauren back with Penny and Diana back with her best backcourt mate, Sue. It makes for a very, very interesting idea.

But I don't ever ever ever want Lauren to leave Seattle, even for Diana, no matter how much I love D and Sue playing together!

The Blimp

PostPosted: 03/17/05 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good grief! Up until the time the Storm signed Batkovic it loomed as a future possibility that Phoenix would attempt to lure LJ to follow Kamila V. The only thing they would have had to trade would have been DT and of course, a move to Seattle for DT would be the best move for her to come under the tutelage of Anne Donovan.
But with Batkovic signing for the Storm this upcoming season, LJ will be plenty happy at the Key for a while yet. No doubt she will be very generous with her commiserations to her Aussie mates when the Storm go to Phoenix and give them a sound thrashing and who knows maybe that Canberra team will gain Graf's services again.
Smile

potd41

PostPosted: 03/18/05 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFan, who says EVERYONE in Phoenix would LOVE that trade; DT for LJ. I think not.

therese_defarge

PostPosted: 03/18/05 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since we've switched into the fantasy genre I will have a go.

In 2006 Kristi Harrower invites Lauren Jackson to join her at Minnesota. The opportunity to join her Opals teammate together with her understandable desire to avoid more humiliation at the hands of Nicole Ohlde leads Jackson to demand a trade to Minny.

Initially Donovan says no and threatens to core her, but eventually Jackson's threats to stand out for a year and gratitude for LJ's stirling service, leads her to negotiate a trade with Minny. In March 2006 Jackson is traded for an old Seattle stalwart, Amanda Lassiter, to the joy of all.

Well, it's no sillier than any of your ideas!

PostPosted: 03/18/05 1:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That is a funny one... maybe throw in T Edwards, who'll be what, 50 by then? To go with Lassiter. I'm sure Sue wants T on her team so she doesn't end up with any more broken noses, just like LJ doesn't want Nicole to make her look bad anymore.

But on the serious side, I'm sorta confused by all this talk to Lauren will want to go play in Pheonix just because of the Aussie contingent, and that she's unhappy in Seattle just because Tully left and Sandy left and all that. Sure, they're her friends and she'd miss them, but she isn't only friends with other Austrailian's. Her and Anne are extremely close, often referring to their relationship as a mother/daughter one, and have said they sit together on the plane rides quite often. And if you read the newspaper article last summer about her relationship with Sue, http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001985371_storm22.html they're reported to have grown very close over the last few years. She had Kristen Veal staying here with her all last summer, and most recently, she's had Shelley Sandie around town with her this past month. Whenever she needs a friend around, she seems to be able to just fly them in. She loves Seattle and the pace of life here and I would hazard to say, especially in light of her thoughts of retirement every few years, that she'll probably retire completely before she'd ever want to play anywhere else. I'll go on record as saying I think she'll be a Storm player until the end of her career (or *gasp* the end of the WNBA).

Now, maybe if they offer her a trade to LA for Teasley (since Seattle needs a decent point guard and bad) so that she can finally play alongside Lisa... wait wait, I can't even joke about all that. My apologies to Sue AND Lauren.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/18/05 6:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p.o.t.d. wrote:
BBallFan, who says EVERYONE in Phoenix would LOVE that trade; DT for LJ. I think not.

OK, so maybe not everyone Smile . I don't want it to happen anyway.

potd41

PostPosted: 03/19/05 1:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFan, now you're talking!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: