RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Russell Athletic Shootout on Fox Sports South

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/15/06 2:00 pm    ::: Russell Athletic Shootout on Fox Sports South Reply Reply with quote

The UK/Ga Tech game is fairly close thus far. 42-42 with 14:38 left in the second half. Georgia Tech's defense is really active and disruptive. Now I see why they were able to give Duke fits.

Van Chancellor's doing color for this tournament, which also features James' Miami Hurricanes and Baker's Georgia Lady Bulldogs. How convenient! Wink In this game, he's been impressed with Stephanie Higgs (Tech '07) and Samantha Mahoney (UK '08 ) as well.

Mathies to LA 2013
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/15/06 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both Kentucky and Georgia won their respective games. Good day for the SEC. Cool

Mathies to LA 2013
pilight

PostPosted: 01/15/06 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
Both Kentucky and Georgia won their respective games. Good day for the SEC. Cool

But the ACC is the best conference in the country... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 01/15/06 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:

But the ACC is the best conference in the country... Rolling Eyes

The ACC bottom dwellers played the SEC middle tier fairly well.

Six teams in the Top 25; three teams in the Top 6 --> can the SEC say this?

Mathies to LA 2013
mikey87

PostPosted: 01/15/06 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dont know about the ACC being the best they are definitely one of the best, I would still take the SEC plus they have way better players in the SEC

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/15/06 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikey87 wrote:
I dont know about the ACC being the best they are definitely one of the best, I would still take the SEC plus they have way better players in the SEC

Proof?

Mathies to LA 2013
mikey87

PostPosted: 01/15/06 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it's my personal opinion and if you dont agree with it than Razz oh well the only players from the ACC I would take are CURRIE, LANGHORNE, LATTA, DARON, WILLIAMS,LARKINS, HARDING, COLEMAN other than that I would take the SEC players over the rest.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/15/06 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whatever. I guess the ACC is just a three-team conference to someone who knows nothing about the ACC. What do you know of the ACC outside of Duke, UNC, and Maryland?

At least I DO realize that there's more to the SEC than just Tennessee and LSU. Rolling Eyes

Mathies to LA 2013
mikey87

PostPosted: 01/15/06 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok but like I said it's my opinion you dont have to like it so do what you do holla.

CKent

PostPosted: 01/15/06 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys probably watched on the tube, so I don't have much to add. Kind of a disappointing crowd (a little over 5,000 in a building that holds 10,000), the majority of which were Georgia fans, about half as many Tech fans, a noisy section of 50 or so Kentucky people and maybe 20-25 Miami folks sitting together. The best news about the crowd? Easy. The what looked like hundreds of young women ballers in attendance.

One great game...one that was bowling-shoe ugly. I know everybody looks better when they're running and gunning but the contrast for Tech was especially stark. I thought the Jackets looked totally out of sorts whenever Kentucky made them go half-court. Loved the hustle and strong inside play of Tech's Kasha Terry. She was doing her best to direct traffic and showed off some nifty post moves. Coach DeMoss had a disciplined gameplan, repeatedly stressing to her team that Tech would be gassed late in the game if they kept bodies on them. And sure enough, it looked like Kentucky had the fresher legs at the end.

Speaking of keeping bodies on people. Oy...that second game. Nothing beats a good ol' 43-foul slobberknocker, right? Janese Hardrick was a disruptive presence on "D" for Georgia and just continues to add facets to her game that she can whip out when her shot's not dropping. Desire Bostice had her best minutes of the season filling in for Tasha Humphrey, repeatedly asserting herself on both ends of the floor. And of course, Sherill Baker stole another pocketful of lunch money and added what has become this season her customary double-figures in points.

Mississippi State visits the ol' Stege-o-saurus this Thursday.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 01/16/06 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw some of this on tv. I thought the crowd looked good. Getting 5,000 out on a big NFL playoff Sunday like yesterday is good. Especially for a smaller women's tournament. I know some sites in some of the regionals of the NCAA tournament last year that would have been thrilled to have 5,000 in the stands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: