RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

pumatty et al: rutgers @ michigan state

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 01/07/06 12:31 pm    ::: pumatty et al: rutgers @ michigan state Reply Reply with quote

i found a mention that nj.com would webcast this game, but i'm having a hard time finding the link.

on another note, found this link on that site, which shows a live scoreboard of all the day's games.

http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/affiliate_media/spnet.ssf?/default.asp?c=advance&page=cbask-w/scores/live/scores.htm

PostPosted: 01/07/06 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hmmm. it looks as if they mean "live audio" when they say webcast. i assume it means video. anyway, here's the page with the link to the "webcast."

http://www.nj.com/rutgerswomen/

PostPosted: 01/07/06 12:34 pm    ::: RU webcast Reply Reply with quote

try this link instead:

http://scarletknights.com/webcasts/webcasts.htm

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/07/06 12:38 pm    ::: Re: RU webcast Reply Reply with quote

dmd78 wrote:
try this link instead:

http://scarletknights.com/webcasts/webcasts.htm

Thanks everyone. I actually was able to go to my neighbor's house while he isn't here to watch CBS on his satallite. Out if Indy instead of West Lafayette.

It will at least work until he comes home.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/07/06 12:50 pm    ::: Re: RU webcast Reply Reply with quote

That may have been the worst jump ball call I have ever seen. Shimik reaches down and pokes at the ball a couple of times, and that makes it a jump ball? Campbell had that one.

Samaria

PostPosted: 01/07/06 1:24 pm    ::: Re: pumatty et al: rutgers @ michigan state Reply Reply with quote

Well the game's tied at 43.

PostPosted: 01/07/06 1:27 pm    ::: Re: pumatty et al: rutgers @ michigan state Reply Reply with quote

lilswin2003 wrote:
Well the game's tied at 43.

Never mind, 47 to 46, Michigan State- Lindsey's at the line for one more. There's like 13 minutes left, this should turn out to be a GREAT game.

PostPosted: 01/07/06 2:04 pm    ::: Re: pumatty et al: rutgers @ michigan state Reply Reply with quote

Inexplicable.

Rutgers won't foul with MSU up and the shot clock up. After many seconds, Cappie finally does it. She fouls out, so now if they do get to overtime somehow, they do it without their best player.

Stringer wasn't calling for a foul during the possession. WTF, Coach?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/07/06 2:05 pm    ::: Re: pumatty et al: rutgers @ michigan state Reply Reply with quote

Sure would have been nice to have 17 seconds on that last possession and to have had Cappie able to take the last shot.

Samaria

PostPosted: 01/07/06 2:08 pm    ::: Re: pumatty et al: rutgers @ michigan state Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Sure would have been nice to have 17 seconds on that last possession and to have had Cappie able to take the last shot.

Go STATE.

PostPosted: 01/07/06 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was a great game. Both teams played great defense. I woulda liked to see Rutgers pull it out - they botched the last possession.

sambista

PostPosted: 01/07/06 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, great game, but boy . . . they really blew that last possession. didn't viv have a plan?

how odd was THAT?!

PostPosted: 01/07/06 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O.G. wrote:
That was a great game. Both teams played great defense. I woulda liked to see Rutgers pull it out - they botched the last possession.

Yeah and a good thing about this was not only did these teams play defense, but it wasn't one of those defensive games that are in the 50's...

PostPosted: 01/07/06 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And what's with Michelle Campbell??? If she only comes off the bench, her chances at the WNBA will be very slim. They even said, the reason she doesn't start is because of her foul problems. her stock is dropping fast! YIKES!!!

O.G.

PostPosted: 01/07/06 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lilswin2003 wrote:
O.G. wrote:

Yeah and a good thing about this was not only did these teams play defense, but it wasn't one of those defensive games that are in the 50's...

Exactly, both teams also played well enough offensively to keep it exciting. Shimek was very impressive. Do people think she can't play the 4 in the W?

beknighted

PostPosted: 01/09/06 12:09 pm    ::: Last possession Reply Reply with quote

As I've said elsewhere, CViv has taken responsibility for the problems on RU's last possession, which is what you want the coach to do.

That said, the players can see the clock and should know they have to get the ball fast or foul, so you can't put all the blame on Stringer. I will give Cappie credit for figuring out that it was better for her to foul (even at the cost of fouling out) than to let MSU dribble out the clock.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/09/06 12:14 pm    ::: Re: Last possession Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
As I've said elsewhere, CViv has taken responsibility for the problems on RU's last possession, which is what you want the coach to do.

That said, the players can see the clock and should know they have to get the ball fast or foul, so you can't put all the blame on Stringer. I will give Cappie credit for figuring out that it was better for her to foul (even at the cost of fouling out) than to let MSU dribble out the clock.

Where's Admiral? How about Cappie arguing with C.Viv after the foul and stomping down to the end of the bench.

Cappie was right too! C.Viv SHOULD take the blame, that was incredible that she let the clock run like that, and then to yell at Cappie when she committed the foul? Unbelievable.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/16/06 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I finally got to see this game a week after it was broadcast. I've spent the last couple of days plotting to kill June Courteau. I find it extremely hard to believe that a team as post-heavy as MSU only commits thirteen fouls, while a more guard-oriented squad like Rutgers commits 22; every Scarlet Knight got called at least twice, while no Spartan was called for more than three; the 34-11 free throw discrepency meant that Bowen was at the line more than the entire Rutgers team. Think foul trouble might have fucked up the rotation for RU? I was also a bit miffed that the commentators were happily squeeing over MSU, and if I hear one more thing about Liz Shimek, I'm gonna be forced to scream supersonically.

When they were letting the clock run, I wondered if they were trying to make sure that they would have just enough time in the final possession so that if Essence or Matee took a quick shot, MSU wouldn't have time to come back and win it in dramatic fashion. They may also have thought about going for the steal.

Ye gods, it's never easy being a Rutgers fan.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: