Oh, sorry...

I'm just practicing!

gumption72

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:12 pm    ::: Re: GO CHICAGO!!! Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Oh, sorry...

I'm just practicing!

Sooo... is it too early to get small 3 or 7 game package tickets? Wink

They are close enough to be my 2nd 'pet' team, but more importantly I like what I have read about the owner and how his positive WNBA experiences have driven him. Sounds like a good foundation for any team. So... ummmmm, I guess, Go Chicago...!

I am going to toss out what probably is a dumb question; gotta have patience for this extreme novice. How exactly does the league and/or Chicago gather players for the Chicago team? Question It will be an amazing day if I will ever be able to use the light bulb emoticon!! Although, from what I have seen lately, not every one has figured out how to use it appropiately, especially during pissing contests.

Keegan

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:18 pm    ::: Re: GO CHICAGO!!! Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:
How exactly does the league and/or Chicago gather players for the Chicago team?

Expansion draft. Teams protect a certain number of players and Chicago can pick unprotected players off their roster. I believe UFAs can not be picked in expansion drafts? Then there's the regular draft and normal free agency.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:25 pm    ::: Re: GO CHICAGO!!! Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:

Sooo... is it too early to get small 3 or 7 game package tickets? Wink

The day after they announced the new Chicago team, I was called by two of their ticket reps. They said they were only selling season tickets, not mini-plans. They said they would call me when they do. Where do you live gumption? Shocked Idea

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/07/05 8:55 pm    ::: Re: GO CHICAGO!!! Reply Reply with quote

If you don't mind putting a $100 deposit down for a season ticket, you will help make sure there really will be a Chicago team.
Then change it to a 6 game package when it gets a little closer to the season.
I'm impressed with the owner's enthusiasm as well. I think it will be a good organization.
Now if I understand this correctly, If Chamique doesn't "report for duty" then after the '05 season she's a free agent - can't be cored either. Is that right?
She could sign with Chicago as a free agent. That would be a nice start for the team!
Add Nikki Blue...

ChcgoFan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now Slovy, don't get me worried...

there really will be a Chicago Team, there really will be a Chicago Team, there really will be a Chicago Team.

Got a cool thank you card and the CEO's business card for season ticket deposits... so there's GOT to be a Chicago Team.

Till then.. it's dodgedriving the 65 to Indianapolis !

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/09/05 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those tolls add up on the drive to Indy - huh!

After living in L.A. my whole life, the 65 is like a quiet country road to me - lol!

I got the thank you card too. I like the Chicago Organization so far. I've been meaning to send a letter back to the CEO to compliment her on their professionalism.
What section is your seat @ Chicago? I'm in 115

Se ya in Indy!

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so the big question is: can Chicago survive tanking the first couple seasons so it can enter the Candace Parker sweepstakes? Bring the Queen of Naperville back home?

ChcgoFan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm in 104, I prefer to look at the bench, we'll have to get some signs to communicate. " throw me some me nachos!"

.. and about 65.. have you driven it lately?
Keep your spare in good shape, there are potholes so big they're now available on mapquest. Shocked

That being said.. I've chosen 3 games (maybe 4) for Indy this year and one for Minnesota.. may the Interstate Angels be with us all.

_____
Is it 2006 yet?

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wouldn't that be PERFECT to get her!

ChcgoFan

PostPosted: 03/09/05 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We still attend Bears Games???????

<snicker>

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/09/05 11:47 pm    ::: Hey ChcgoFan Reply Reply with quote

ChcgoFan wrote:
I'm in 104, I prefer to look at the bench, we'll have to get some signs to communicate. " throw me some me nachos!"

.. and about 65.. have you driven it lately?
Keep your spare in good shape, there are potholes so big they're now available on mapquest. Shocked

That being said.. I've chosen 3 games (maybe 4) for Indy this year and one for Minnesota.. may the Interstate Angels be with us all.

_____
Is it 2006 yet?

ChcgoFan do you have a fav team now while you wait for your own to be put together ?

Be sure & give Minny fans here a heads up on which Lynx gm you might try to come up for. If available I'm sure we could muster up a little MN hospitality Very Happy
-----
P.S. You too Slovy if you EVER make it up/over here Wink

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 03/10/05 12:17 am    ::: Re: Hey ChcgoFan Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
Be sure & give Minny fans here a heads up on which Lynx gm you might try to come up for. If available I'm sure we could muster up a little MN hospitality Very Happy
-----

I'd expect Slovy comes here for the one Fever-Lynx game. Let us know which one it really is...

Slovydal

PostPosted: 03/10/05 12:52 am    ::: Re: Hey ChcgoFan Reply Reply with quote

I'm going to do my best to find a job that leaves weekends and evenings free for school and basketball.

Indy is in Minn. on a TUESDAY!

Possible Slovy visits:
Hmmm... Sunday May 29 vs Sacramento.. am I obligated to root for the Lynx? lol!
Sat Jun 11 vs DC
Sun July 17 vs Conn (but Indy is @ Detroit)
Aug 7 vs L.A. (but Indy is @ DC)
(all of this is pending other match ups @ Detroit or Phoenix!)

I think I'll shoot for the one vs Sac in May!

As for DTS-Land, I hope to make the All-Star game...

ChcgoFan

PostPosted: 03/11/05 10:30 am    ::: Re: Hey ChcgoFan Reply Reply with quote

-----

Hey there MNFan! My fav team has changed a few times over the years.. Unfortunately, it's really hard for me not having a hometown connection. I'm fickle, so I've traveled around picking up games in different cities.

I pull for Indy and the Lynx anytime they play. Indy's closer so I'll take in a few games there again this year. Like Slovy I have to plan them closer to the weekends.
Probably be in Indy for their Lynx game.. that should be a good one!

But the best game I've ever been to is at the Target Center, what a great bunch of fans! Lynx beat Detroit in a close game the night I was there, the people (sth)'s were so very cool, we made instant friends there. What a great night!

We are going up for the Phoenix game in July. I want to see DT play, but you know I'll be pulling for the Lynx!

MNfan22

PostPosted: 03/18/05 1:22 am    ::: Re: Hey ChcgoFan Reply Reply with quote

ChcgoFan wrote:

But the best game I've ever been to is at the Target Center, what a great bunch of fans! Lynx beat Detroit in a close game the night I was there, the people (sth)'s were so very cool, we made instant friends there. What a great night!

We are going up for the Phoenix game in July. I want to see DT play, but you know I'll be pulling for the Lynx!

Cool ChcgoFan. Glad you had a good experience on your last visit Very Happy

If that was the Shock gm from this past July when in the last 10 min Vanessa & Nicole went off, ha that was an awsome gm. That was the 1st gm V got extended PT with Nicole in early foul trouble.

THAT was the first glimps we got of how dynamic a duo Haden & Ohlde can be. I wish that gm had been on TV because after that I couldn't stop smiling after seeing the rookies tipping shots, blocking shots, taking charges, setting real picks & screens, V's trun around jumper, that last 10 min they owned the paint. Ahhhhh that was sweet.

When does the season start Crying or Very sad

Ok, Slovy 5/29 for Sac gm & You 7/29 for Phx gm. Keep us updated Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: