RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2013 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 02/09/12 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm wondering if the Sparks are waiting to re-sign Penichiero based on Diggins' decision.

The Sparks are the team waiting for the decision, Ticha said something earlier about waiting to decide if she would play in the WNBA after she sees how her overseas season goes. She has been playing well overseas and had interest from at least 2 different teams, maybe she is getting to the point of waiting to rest during the WNBA season and just play overseas. I think she also tweeted something about wanting to open a business (I forget what kind) in Sacramento, the summer/WNBA season might be the perfect time for her to open it as well as allow her body to rest a bit.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/17/12 2:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delaware star breaks 2,000-point barrier in win against Hofstra

Quote:
Elena Delle Donne had a season-high 42 points, including the 2,000th of her career, and added 14 rebounds and six blocks to help No. 10 Delaware beat Hofstra 89-79 on Thursday night.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SxvkbKEHNWo?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 02/20/12 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins doing a "Sport Science" segment? What are they going to study, the velocity and trajectory of her headband being thrown off?

Tally24

PostPosted: 02/20/12 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Diggins doing a "Sport Science" segment? What are they going to study, the velocity and trajectory of her headband being thrown off?

The magnitude of the force when she stomps her feet and glares at the refs.

mandih23

PostPosted: 02/20/12 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thought I had this morning:

Washington sucks and barring a huge trade or a change of the guard, I don't see them making the playoffs this year. SASS has done nothing so far free-agent wise worth noting besides signing Christon (which doesn't actually help their needs). Indiana has also been quiet this offseason and isn't getting any younger.

How crazy would it be if SASS, Indy and Washington got the top 3 picks in 2013 and the board looked something like this...

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins
3. Washington - Delle Donne

Discuss.

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

Washington sucks and barring a huge trade or a change of the guard, I don't see them making the playoffs this year. SASS has done nothing so far free-agent wise worth noting besides signing Christon (which doesn't actually help their needs). Indiana has also been quiet this offseason and isn't getting any younger.

How crazy would it be if SASS, Indy and Washington got the top 3 picks in 2013 and the board looked something like this...

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

I think you are forgetting Phoenix AND Tulsa in that equation (teams that haven't done much (actually...anything) to improve and will be without their Australian stars for over half the season...no confirmation yet on PFT...but everyone knows she won't come)
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

I think you are forgetting Phoenix AND Tulsa in that equation (teams that haven't done much (actually...anything) to improve and will be without their Australian stars for over half the season...no confirmation yet on PFT...but everyone knows she won't come)

I left those two out on purpose. Of course, Phoenix and Tulsa (if they miss the playoffs) could get the top 2 picks, but it'd be a big win on and off the court for these teams if my proposed situation occurred because of the locations. Just food for thought.

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

Indiana would be foolish not to take Delle Donne over Diggins. 5-8 scoring PGs come dime-a-dozen. 6-5 PFs who can shoot at an elite level don't grow on trees.

Mathies to LA 2013
dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

Indiana would be foolish not to take Delle Donne over Diggins. 5-8 scoring PGs come dime-a-dozen. 6-5 PFs who can shoot at an elite level don't grow on trees.

I agree. We've never had an elite level post player.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

I think Bullsky was pointing out if the teams selected the players based on the proximity of those players.

dynasty0207

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

I think Bullsky was pointing out if the teams selected the players based on the proximity of those players.

Well obviously. But we're saying in those situations Indy would take Elena.

Maybe it should have been:

1. SASS: Griner
2. WAS: Delle Donne
3. IND: Diggins

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/22/12 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

IND has shown they are willing make a play for hometown stars ie...Katie Douglas, so I wouldn't dismiss them selecting Diggins, who is a much bigger drawn then Delle Donne.

ClayK

PostPosted: 02/22/12 2:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it has been proven over and over that there's no real "local" carryover in terms of attendance at the WNBA level. What gets fans in the seats is winning, and if EDD wins more games for Indiana than Diggins she'll sell more tickets.

PostPosted: 02/22/12 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

IND has shown they are willing make a play for hometown stars ie...Katie Douglas, so I wouldn't dismiss them selecting Diggins, who is a much bigger drawn then Delle Donne.

Making a play for Katie Douglas wasn't about a hometown player. It was about getting a star guard to compliment Catchings.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/22/12 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
bballfan2005 wrote:
bullsky wrote:

1. SASS - Griner
2. Indiana - Diggins

Discuss.

Making a play for Katie Douglas wasn't about a hometown player. It was about getting a star guard to compliment Catchings.

Yes and the fact that she was from Purdue didn't hurt either.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 02/22/12 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:

Getting Douglas wasn't about EITHER...Indy got her because SHE wanted to be there and forced the trade (she wanted to play closer to home)...obviously Indy wanted her too, but they wouldn't ever have gotten her away from CT had she not requested it.
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For a player like Della Donne who doesn't like to go very far from her home, proximity might come into play...

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
For a player like Della Donne who doesn't like to go very far from her home, proximity might come into play...

While that's true, let's not forget that she was 18/19 when she made the decision to stay closer to home. She'll be 24 next year.

Mathies to LA 2013
Shades

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

I'm sure that she'd like to go to the Mystics, but I'm also sure she'll go to whoever wins her services.

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kinda hope diggins and Delle Donne come out this year. The west would more fun and that means Nneka in Minny. Very Happy

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
I kinda hope diggins and Delle Donne come out this year. The west would more fun and that means Nneka in Seattle. Very Happy

Mr. Green

Mathies to LA 2013
GEF34

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
I kinda hope diggins and Delle Donne come out this year. The west would more fun and that means Nneka in Minny. Very Happy

If both Skylar and Elena come out you think Seattle will still pick Nneka over one of them? Assuming of course the Sparks pick one of them over Nneka.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

If both Skylar and Elena come out you think Seattle will still pick Nneka over one of them? Assuming of course the Sparks pick one of them over Nneka.

Nneka is a better player than Skylar, so yes, I think she'd go 2nd in a draft that included Delle Donne and Diggins. I'm not sure why people think Skylar should go ahead of a great post/forward. That's not now the draft is supposed to go. 2008, IMO, was an example of shoddy drafting.

Mathies to LA 2013
GEF34

PostPosted: 02/22/12 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Nneka is a better player than Skylar, so yes, I think she'd go 2nd in a draft that included Delle Donne and Diggins. I'm not sure why people think Skylar should go ahead of a great post/forward. That's not now the draft is supposed to go. 2008, IMO, was an example of shoddy drafting.

I agree Nneka is better than Skylar, but the way some people here have been going on and on about Skylar who knows how GMs are thinking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 3 of 81

Jump to: