RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LPGA: Hey Luuuc!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 02/07/12 9:35 pm    ::: LPGA: Hey Luuuc! Reply Reply with quote

Any chance there is a live video link to the Aussie Open this week?

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/07/12 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing there is a good chance of a live stream existing, but I'm not at all savvy when it comes to tracking those things down.
(i.e. I don't think there will be an "official" one)

PostPosted: 02/07/12 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
I'm guessing there is a good chance of a live stream existing, but I'm not at all savvy when it comes to tracking those things down.

Thanks, I'll try to find it. Obviously I'm stoked about LPGA this year. Logic says Yani will dominate, but there is also Lexi, and some intriguing USA rookies. I'm stoked, and even though the season starts in Australia, this year it is LPGA, bonafide big time golf, from the get go, right there down under!

vanyogan

PostPosted: 02/09/12 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

vanyogan wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Thanks, I'll try to find it. Obviously I'm stoked about LPGA this year. Logic says Yani will dominate, but there is also Lexi, and some intriguing USA rookies. I'm stoked, and even though the season starts in Australia, this year it is LPGA, bonafide big time golf, from the get go, right there down under!

Wow, I just watched Nicklaus play pebble beech for the last ime at a US Open, he pulled out driver and hit the histiric green in two shots.

Royal Melbourne is obviously a great championship golf course. I didn't watch presidents cup, only caught 15 minutes yesterday, but this is a championship course. Courses make championships, not players.

I wish I could watch this thing live.

All the players on the leader board I believe, they teed up in the morning. Morning is when the course, any course is most vulnerable. I've been a dew buster my whole entire golf career. But on this course, that is what you want to be, a dew buster.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 02/11/12 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh good grief, this golf course must be really something. Yesterday, the leader board flipped you had the two Korean players who played it off for the US Open title.

Today, with 18 holes to play, you have Jessica Korda. I said in the other thread This is it for her. She finished well outside of exempt last year. When I saw the rookie list last year, I had Korda at the top, she bangs the ball about 300 off the tee, she was a top amateur player, and then she stunk it it up, consistently.

If she could some how win this golf tournament, it would be huge, huge.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 02/12/12 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Korda wins! A six way play off. Laughing

OFFS!

Korda, who began the round with a one-stroke lead and was two ahead at 7 under after birdieing three of the first holes, dropped all the way to 2 under before birdieing the par-5 17th and parring the 18th in regulation to get the final spot in the playoff. She had a double bogey on No. 9, bogeyed 10, birdied 11, then bogeyed Nos. 14-16 to seemingly fall out of contention.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/othersports/golf/us-teen-jessica-korda-wins-womens-australian-open-with-birdie-in-6-player-playoff/2012/02/12/gIQAbcgr7Q_story.html

Please God, just let this day end! Laughing

ETA: I figured the two Koreans, RYU, US OPEN champion would be there. This a tough golf course, a six way tie at 4 under.

I also figured Bam Bam had a good chance. She doesn't look at leader boards. Hard golf course, just post a score. She lipped out a six footer on the first playoff hole, to win.

vanyogan

PostPosted: 02/12/12 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't normally watch taped coverage, but Ill be watching this one.

This tournament is pure golfing carnage. World #1 Yani Tseng, made quadruple 8. The winner, Korda, crapped in her drawers, and still managed to win. Reminds me of ABC's wide world of sport. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: