RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

RIP Whitney Houston (August 9, 1963—February 11, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's paved the way for every single singer in the music industry. Iconic, legendary, innovating, amazing, humble...1 the best in the world. -Toni Braxton-

Whitney Houston. What a sad tragedy-the end of the life of an incredible talent. RIP to an amazing singer and legend. -Joan Rivers-

R.i.p to a Newark legend Whitney houston. I'm gonna miss auntie ,this one hurts. We lost a legend dam dam dam. Thank you for everything - Shaquille O'Neal

Whitney Houston singing the greatest rendition of the National Anthem ever www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE #rip (via @taralconley) -Mia Farrow-

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We had to go from whole foods to bed bath and beyond and so we of course decided to drive past the hotel. She's still in there. It was indescribable what it was like to drive by the hotel, all those trucks, while I Have Nothing was on the radio. It was like... being so close to the machinary of the media at that level at this moment... and with her still on the premises. mrs jammer was driving and it was overwhelming.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cookie & I are shocked & saddened about the news of Whitney Houston. A great friend & one of the most beautiful voices this world has heard.
Earvin Magic Johnson
6 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Young Whitney had a staggering amount of potential. She only reached some of it. RIP. youtube.com/watch?v=Df5aaU...
Bill Simmons
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

RIP... RT @cnnbrk: Whitney Houston died at Beverly Hilton Hotel, police say on.cnn.com/yXhsSp
Adam Schefter
6 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Whitney Houston's Super Bowl anthem 21 years ago in Tampa is the only one I recall that had players talking about it post-game.
Peter King
6 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

A musical legend was lost today. Rest in peace Whitney Houston.
Floyd Mayweather
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Just stunning news. RT @AP: BREAKING: Publicist Kristen Foster says singer Whitney Houston has died at age 48.
Andy Katz
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

So sad! #RIPWhitneyHouston RT @PeterKing Whitney Houston's Spr Bowl anthem 21yrs ago is only 1 I recall w/ plyrs talking about it post-gm.
FOX Sports West
5 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Can't believe Whitney Houston passed away. So sad. "I will always love you" will live forever. She made beautiful music.
Danica Patrick
5 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Few more spectacular voices I can recall in my lifetime than Whitney Houston at her peak. Gone entirely too soon. #RIP
Bonnie Bernstein
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Like millions of others...just stunned about the news over Whitney Houston. Best voice of my lifetime.
Jemele Hill
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Lunching in Bev Hills, watching paramedics screech around the corner w sirens blaring, not knowing they were going to Whitney Houston. Sad.
Michael Wilbon
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

R.I.P. Whitney Houston. Another beautiful voice & person gone too soon. Prayers go out to her family.
Larry Fitzgerald
6 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

RIP to Whitney Houston, one of the greatest voices of all time
Matt Leinart
6 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

Very sad to learn about the passing of the great and talented #WhitneyHouston. My condolences to her friends and family. RIP
Ndamukong Suh
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

R .i.p to a Newark legend Whitney houston. I'm gonna miss auntie ,this one hurts. We lost a legend dam dam dam. Thank you for everything
SHAQ
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

#RipWhitneyHouston Sad to hear of the passing of Whitney Houston. Condolences to her family.
Tracy McGrady
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

#RIP Whitney Houston - The Greatest Voice of All!
Lennox Lewis
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

I don't believe Whitney Houston just died no way
Roddy White
7 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

R.I.P Whitney Houston
Reggie Bush

bballgrl

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
I hope that will have a special tribute to her tomorrow at the Grammys, if it's not too late...It will be the first time I will watch it in years!

I've read that there will be a tribute to her, sung by Jennifer Hudson and Chauca Kahn(sp). I had not planned to watch the Grammys either but I will watch at least the tributes.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hadn't planned to watch either. I was just going to wait for Adele on YouTube. However, I will be watching to see the industry on music's biggest night pay tribute.

...and if the top-nominated artist (Kanye) does anything to grab the attention for himself...

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsjji5eYXfw&feature=related

So amazing in her prime. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by blaase22 on 02/12/12 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
sambista

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Realcomplicated wrote:
I hope that will have a special tribute to her tomorrow at the Grammys, if it's not too late...It will be the first time I will watch it in years!

Producer Ken Erlich says Jennifer Hudson will perform the tribute.

far better choices than jennifer hudson. only chaka - in her day - could do it, to be honest. maybe patti. i would rather she be memorialized without someone actually trying to sing one of her songs. how about someone coming up with a brand new song for and about whitney?

and genero, this photo you posted, of all the photos that could be summoned, is pitch perfect.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sambista wrote:

and genero, this photo you posted, of all the photos that could be summoned, is pitch perfect.

It definitely hit me that way. Listen to the voice come out at the drop of a dime.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VBUevC03fak&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBUevC03fak

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/12/12 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's still on the premises. Coroner had NOT yet arrived. Shocked

BHPD has obviously learned something from the OJ and MJ situations. They are EPICALLY covering their asses.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 1:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone who knew her, on the local news here, just said that she was a different person before her marriage to Bobby Brown. So incredibly polished and together. I can't stand that motherfucker. He was a fucking train wreck in her life. He performed tonight. Said it was the hardest thing he ever did. I'm like, dude, you must really need the money. It's all about you, isn't it? Your daughter's mother dies, and you go on stage. What a clown.

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 02/12/12 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
sambista

PostPosted: 02/12/12 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
here she is singing the National Anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE

IMO, nobody has or ever will sing this better than her. Although Kelly Clarkson can close in last week's SuperBowl.

wow. i didn't remember that. that was pure, unadulterated essence. the arrangement was awesomely orchestrated, too. no doubt she dipped her hands in that as well.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Someone who knew her, on the local news here, just said that she was a different person before her marriage to Bobby Brown. So incredibly polished and together. I can't stand that motherfucker. He was a fucking train wreck in her life. He performed tonight. Said it was the hardest thing he ever did. I'm like, dude, you must really need the money. It's all about you, isn't it? Your daughter's mother dies, and you go on stage. What a clown.

unfortunately, he was her biggest addiction.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, her body's yet in the hotel, and they're holding a Grammy party? Really?

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
IMO, nobody has or ever will sing this better than her. Although Kelly Clarkson can close in last week's SuperBowl.

Have you heard Faith Hill's Super Bowl XLIV version? IMO, that's the best.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People are looking for her star on the Hollywood walk of fame. But she doesn't have one. Shocked

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
So, her body's yet in the hotel, and they're holding a Grammy party? Really?

It's gross. The parasites never stop chewing. Clive Davis: get out of my fucking way.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whitney in 2011
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvVid7VvJK8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
eclair

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Houston's was special. It was 1991, before the era of over-produced Super Bowl everything, and it the midst of a wave of Desert Storm nationalism. Hill and Clarkson may have offered fine vocals, but Houston's was transcendent.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found these tweets by Sandra Bernhard very cryptic:

SandraBernhard Sandra Bernhard
@
@JimBessman jim you know they tried to break #whitney back in the 80's it's a deep story & a cautionary tale for so many. it's different now
4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

@SandraBernhard
Sandra Bernhard
@JimBessman it's a conversation for another time. tonight we send #whitney on her way. remembering the classy lady she was.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TMZ is reporting that Bobbi Christina was not allowed to see her mother's body. Dionne Warwick was also turned away and not allowed to see Whitney's body.

Smoovie

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whitney's last performance...02/10/12
http://youtu.be/CQQAGvD_DeY

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQQAGvD_DeY?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eclair wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Houston's was special. It was 1991, before the era of over-produced Super Bowl everything, and it the midst of a wave of Desert Storm nationalism. Hill and Clarkson may have offered fine vocals, but Houston's was transcendent.

I think people forget the context. This was about one, or two, weeks into Desert Storm. The war. The country was as emotional as could possibly be. If I'm not mistaken, the Super Bowl, the Super Bowl, had been moved up a week because of the war. Whitney Houston singing the national anthem was like Michael Jordan coming back after 9/11. In that context, you have to take this performance.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to Guinness World of Records Whitney was the most awarded female act of all time. She has received two Emmy Awards, six Grammy Awards, 30 Billboard Music Awards, 22 American Music Awards, with a total of 415 career awards. She was also one of the world's best-selling music artists, having sold over 170 million albums, singles and videos worldwide. Houston also held an Honorary Doctorate in Humanities from Grambling State University, Louisiana.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/12/12 2:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rosie O'Donnell Dear God ... There is a grief that can't be spoken #DEVASTATED 9 hours ago

Tony Bennett:
"Whitney Houston was the greatest singer I've ever heard and she will be truly missed."

Kelly Rowland:
"I am beyond heartbroken. Whitney Houston was undoubtedly one of the greatest singers & performers of all time & such a huge influence on me."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17

Jump to: