RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

RIP Whitney Houston (August 9, 1963February 11, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
RIP Whitney! Prayers to her family and friends.

Whitney did many beautiful songs but my favorite was "I Will Always Love You" gives me chills just thinking about the way she hit those high notes.

May that song be the anthem for her family and friends as I am sure they will always love her.

Great post Very Happy

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh my gosh no, not whitney! I feel absolutely gutted for her sweet mother:(

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pictures of Whitney Houston from yesterday.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just completely terrible. RIP Whitney.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i didn't know about this until i heard it on chinese tv, and my heart just sank. catching up now, trying to figure out what happened after such a brave comeback.

Quote:
Houston had been at rehearsals for the show Thursday, coaching singers Brandy and Monica, according to a person who was at the event but was not authorized to speak publicly about it. The person said Houston looked disheveled, was sweating profusely and liquor and cigarettes could be smelled on her breath.

nytimes.com

one of the greatest voices of all time. a voice from a higher power.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
Pictures of Whitney Houston from yesterday.

Her eyes in these two are very sad. Like she's trying to hold in the pain and sadness, but just can't.

I remember her doing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. Easily top two or three I've ever heard.

Huskie

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no words. just tears. Thanks to all who posted the beautiful pics. May you be at peace Whitney.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In her prime, Whitney's voice was the example of PERFECT PITCH, TONE, DELIVERY, EMOTION AND STRENGTH!

Whitney has always professed her love for the Lord. I take comfort that she is in his arms now!

RIP

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/piSZRKQubUU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piSZRKQubUU

Shades

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nPHCThqqt0s?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the most beautiful voices on the planet. RIP.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aretha Franklin
On the passing of Whitney Houston:

"I just cant talk about it now. Its so stunning and unbelievable. I couldnt believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen. My heart goes out to Cissy, her daughter Bobbi Kris, her family and Bobby.

Last edited by Genero36 on 02/11/12 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nPHCThqqt0s?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

If I'm not mistaken, she was pregnant in this video...

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Aretha Franklin
On the passing of Whitney Houston:

"I just cant talk about it now. Its so stunning and unbelievable. I couldnt believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen. My heart goes out to Cissy, her daughter Bobbi Kris, her family and Bobby.

I heard that Aretha is her godmother...I never knew that!

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's right Real. There is something about pregnancy that makes a woman's voice stronger. She was definitely at her peak right here.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/11/12 10:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"I can't believe that Whitney is gone. My heart goes out to her family, to Clive (Davis), and to everyone who knew and loved this amazingly talented and beautiful artist. I will always love her." Barry Manilow

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/11/12 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe Clive is going on with this party tonight. I mean, it's in the same hotel she died. I guess things are done differently in Hollywood.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/11/12 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whitney Houston's voice will never be forgotten

NEW YORK (AP) - Whitney Houston's downfall was so long and sad that, in an impatient public's mind, it overshadowed her many accomplishments.

Those achievements can be checked off easily in numbers - Grammy Awards, records sold, the string of seven consecutive No. 1 singles. Yet if there's any solace to her passing, it is that people will revisit recordings, videos and films to rediscover the majesty of her work.

Look up the video for one of those hits, "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)." The arrangement and instrumentation - cheesy synthesizers, booming drums - date the recording immediately in the late 1980s.

It's a pop confection that could have been sung by any singer who might have been forgotten in a couple of years. Houston lifted it above the average with a voice that could just as easily be found on a gospel record or opera stage. She danced through it with a bearing that made you think of Michael Jordan stopping off at a schoolyard basketball game, knowing that she had far more talent than anyone around her.

The daughter of Cissy Houston and cousin of Dionne Warwick, Houston had talent that surpassed each of them. Her godmother was Aretha Franklin - how's that for pressure? - but in her prime, Houston's voice could match the Queen of Soul's.

more at apnews via myway.com

PostPosted: 02/11/12 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here she is singing the National Anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE

IMO, nobody has or ever will sing this better than her. Although Kelly Clarkson can close in last week's SuperBowl.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
I can't believe Clive is going on with this party tonight. I mean, it's in the same hotel she died. I guess things are done differently in Hollywood.

I'm watching CNN and it was said that he chose to go on with the party so those who loved Whitney could grieve and share their memories of her...

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope that will have a special tribute to her tomorrow at the Grammys, if it's not too late...It will be the first time I will watch it in years!

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
here she is singing the National Anthem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupsPg5H6aE

IMO, nobody has or ever will sing this better than her. Although Kelly Clarkson can close in last week's SuperBowl.

Whitney's rendition in 91 is the best bar none, but Mariah wasn't too shabby either, ( can't remember the superbowl).

Watching the grammy's just to see her tribute ( there better be one).

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
I hope that will have a special tribute to her tomorrow at the Grammys, if it's not too late...It will be the first time I will watch it in years!

Producer Ken Erlich says Jennifer Hudson will perform the tribute.

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:

Jimmy Jam, who is the Recording Academy Chair Emeritus, stated that they are scrambling to switch the show around for Whitney.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Mine is one of the millions of hearts broken over the death of Whitney Houston. I will always be grateful and in awe of the wonderful performance she did on my song." - Dolly Parton

PostPosted: 02/12/12 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chaka Khan: I'm speechless...I'm in shock right now. Just pray for her and the family.

Nick Lachey: "How tragic to hear about Whitney Houston's passing. Such a shame. She had one of the most iconic voices of my lifetime. #rip"

Wendy Williams: "My family & I are saddened by the loss of a true icon & legend - Whitney Houston. Our thoughts & prayers are w/ the entire Houston family."

Dwyane Wade: "RIP to a legend..Sad day for music lovers...Whitney Houston should be celebrated 4 blessing us with her gifts..#Icon #mother #beautiful"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: