RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

RIP Whitney Houston (August 9, 1963—February 11, 2012)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genero36

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:09 pm    ::: RIP Whitney Houston (August 9, 1963—February 11, 2012) Reply Reply with quote

I am a little shaken by this and I never knew the woman. I mean this has got me more shocked than Jackson's passing.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5im2K2XXLlbUkbTob5csuNcRdg-RQ?docId=0eddb019206a4ad19c15c120c2c17762

Last edited by Genero36 on 02/11/12 9:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn!!!!!!

Not TOO surprising giving her past, but DAMN!!!!!

Richard 77

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

May she finally find peace.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
LoveJanet

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DAMN IT WHITNEY!!!! DAMN IT!!!!

I am gonna miss you.

smenko

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Omg.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fuck!

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Predictable, but still sad of course.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Totally shocked! She was my all time favorite female vocalist. A very sad day....... Crying or Very sad

One of the Greatest Superstars ever!

Last edited by RavenDog on 02/11/12 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know why her death was predictable....Who predicted it?

I was so rooting for her because she seemed to be getting her life together and I'm going to remember her for her great career and NOT her troubles...May she rest in peace Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Realcomplicated on 02/11/12 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

un fucking believable. just unbelievable. really no words.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The last 15+ years have been sad IMO. Certainly a heavy heart with the loss but sadly this has felt inevitable for quite some time now.

Talent and opportunity lost in the battle she faced with demons inside herself.

Very sad - one of THE primary musical memories for me in the late 80's/early 90's.

I choose to believe her spirit is now returned back to the pure energy, electricity and joy she once brought in her music.

Thoughts and prayers to her family/friends and especially her daughter.

RIP

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:

I don't know of anyone who predicted it as such, but history shows that junkies don't tend to have long life expectancies.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:

I had her in my dead pool.

Never seen a sexier singer than big haired Whitney of 1987. I wanna dance with somebody who loves me...

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As recently as last year she was making a come back and was looking better than she had in many years. So I would think most were thinking she was finally getting it together. So yes, it is sort of shocking for it to happen now. To be dismissive as oh junkies don't live long, isn't really cool.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TigerVol wrote:

I choose to believe her spirit is now returned back to the pure energy, electricity and joy she once brought in her music.

What a beautiful eloquent tribute.

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:

I was so rooting for her because she seemed to be getting her life together and I'm going to remember her for her great career and NOT her troubles...May she rest in peace Crying or Very sad

Sadly it seemed she was getting her life together a lot of times only to be pulled back down by whatever she was battling...and after each attempt it just seemed less and less of her survived.

I always want to see folks get there life back but with some folks you get the feeling they will eventually prevail and with others you get the feeling they won't - for me she fell in the later category.

This may turn out to be a death of natural causes but my guess is it comes about as a result of the toll her life took on her body.

And I agree -- she is free now and we are free to remember the talent and the joy in her music.

jammerbirdi wrote:
TigerVol wrote:

What a beautiful eloquent tribute.

Indeed. TigerVol has a great way with words anyway.

Well not all druggies end up dead...Some actually turn their lives around and I think it's a shame folks were waiting for her to die Sad

jammerbirdi

pilight wrote:

Never seen a sexier singer than big haired Whitney of 1987. I wanna dance with somebody who loves me...

Never was such a beautiful star on the stage of the Oscar telecast as the night she sang with Mariah.

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 02/11/12 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

luvDhoops wrote:
As recently as last year she was making a come back and was looking better than she had in many years. So I would think most were thinking she was finally getting it together. So yes, it is sort of shocking for it to happen now. To be dismissive as oh junkies don't live long, isn't really cool.

x______________

CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is so very hard to believe -- 48. What a great loss.

I will never forget seeing/hearing Whitney sing the National Anthem at the very first WNBA All-Star Game, 1999, at MSG.... It was worth the trip to NY for that alone. Simply magnificent.

My heart goes out to her family.

RIP.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

“R.I.P WHITNEY HOUSTON. ONE OF THE PUREST SOULS I’VE EVER MET IN MY LIFE.” – Ludacris

“I am deeply saddened hearing of the death of Whitney Houston. I am trying to reach her mother. Unbelievable!” – Reverend Al Sharpton

“I cannot believe it… Whitney Houston has died at the age of 48… I’m shocked… I’m speechless… too soon.” – Sherri Shepherd

“Wow! I just heard of Whitney Houston’s passing. My heart and prayers go out to her daughter. She will always be remembered. Very tragic.”- Khloe Kardashian

“To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord” RIP to Whitney Houston a true queen.” – Nick Cannon

“I am completely devastated by the loss of the greatest voice of all time! R.I.P. Whitney Houston. I will always love you!” -LA Reid

Christina Aguilera: “We have lost another legend. Love and prayers to Whitney’s family. She will be missed.”

Demi Lovato: “This can’t be true… One of my idols gone?? No. This is so unbelievably sad. #RIPWhitneyHouston.”

Duran Duran: “Very sad to hear about Whitney Houston. Rest in peace.”

Naya Rivera: “Oh my gosh. I’m speechless. R.I.P. Whitney Houston.”

Ludacris: “R.I.P WHITNEY HOUSTON. ONE OF THE PUREST SOULS I’VE EVER MET IN MY LIFE.”

Rico Love: “R.I.P Whitney Houston. 1 of the greatest voices EVER! I hope ppl can show respect for her legacy & only say positive things.”

Charice: “One of my heroes, Whitney Houston. I will always love you.. RIP.”

Russell Simmons: “deeply saddened by the death of Whitney Houston…may she rest in peace.”

Ryan Seacrest: “At Grammys rehearsal hearing Whitney Houston has passed away at 48. Everyone here is absolutely stunned.”

Sean Kingston: “One Of The Greatest Voices.. Huge Inspiration!!!… SMH Sad News Man Messed up the Whole Day!”

Boy George: “Whitney is dead, OMG, I’m so heartbroken. You were amazing and I hope you have found peace!”

Wynter Gordon: “Whitney was one of the greatest talents talents ever lived. Her music lives on.”

Missy Elliott: “This is such a sad moment! I’m speechless I have no words of what I’m feeling right now. Rest in Peace Whitney Houstan I love u.”

Akon: “We’ve lost another Legend. RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON. I’m Honored to have had the chance to work with such an amazing human being.”

Jay Sean: Just heard the tragic news of Whitney Houston’s passing. This is such a huge loss to music. She was the true definition of a vocalist. So sad.”

Katy Perry: NOOOOOOOO

Wyclef Jean: This is the saddest thing I've ever had to write in my life, R I P to one of the greatest humans that I have ever known Whitney Houston

Lenny Kravitz: Whitney. Rest in peace. There will never be another like you. Lenny

Ryan Seacrest: At Grammys rehearsal hearing Whitney Houston has passed away at 48. Everyone here is absolutely stunned.

La Toya Jackson: @cnn I'm distraught over the news that Whitney Houston has died! She was the most INCREDIBLE talent. What another sad day for the world.

Cee Lo Green: R.I.P. Sister WHITNEY HOUSTON!!!!! We will always love you.

Kathy Griffin: She was A TALENT & A LEGEND. She was never a "reality star" No jokes from me about Miss Houston today.

bretmichaels: My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Whitney Houston. A legend with the voice of an angel, she will be missed. #whitneyhouston

Kelly Osbourne: i truly hope you are in peace #WhitneyHouston i feel so honored to have known you! i love you RIP!

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My heart feel like lead right now

Last edited by Realcomplicated on 02/11/12 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
bballgrl

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RIP Whitney! Prayers to her family and friends.

Whitney did many beautiful songs but my favorite was "I Will Always Love You" gives me chills just thinking about the way she hit those high notes.

May that song be the anthem for her family and friends as I am sure they will always love her.

Genero36

PostPosted: 02/11/12 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nicki Minaj (@NickiMinaj): “Jesus Christ, not Whitney Houston. Greatest of all time.”

Lea Michele (@MsLeaMichele): “I’m speechless. Such sad news about Whitney Houston.”‘

Serena Williams (@serenawilliams): “Wow just wow. This has ruined my whole day. #Iwillalwaysloveyou. #OneMomentInTime has propelled me to many of my grand slams victories.”

LeAnn Rimes (@leannrimes): “Whitney Houston was the first cd I ever bought. She had a God given gift. Hopefully, she’s singing with angels now.”

Chloe Moretz (@ChloeGMoretz): “Omg.. whitney houston died..we’ve lost another amazing singer.”

Rihanna (@Rihanna): “No words! Just tears #DearWhitney”

Matthew Morrison (@Matt_Morrison): “I’m very sad to hear about the passing of Whitney Houston, may she rest in peace.”

Jaime King (@Jaime_King): “God bless Whitney Houston and her family. May she rest in peace.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: