RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

from the liberty braintrust

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sambista

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:02 pm    ::: from the liberty braintrust Reply Reply with quote

here's the e-mail i received today:

NEW YORK LIBERTY TICKET PRE-SALE!
The New York Liberty enter their ninth season in the WNBA. A perennial powerhouse, the Liberty is coming off another successful season in which they advanced to the Eastern Conference Finals.

Catch the Liberty's stars in action:
The fearless drives of Becky Hammon
The long distance fireworks of Crystal Robinson
The patented hook shot of Elena Baranova
The tough defense of Vickie Johnson

Purchase your tickets now prior to the public sale on Wednesday, March 23rd.

what, they didn't wanna sing the praises of kelley gibson?

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got that too. They didn't say anything about Christon and our MVP last season, C-Rob. How f*&&#d up is that???

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, c-rob's mentioned, but you're right about christon. and what's up w/wauters? i wasn't keeping up on her disposition to return . . .

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:07 pm    ::: Re: from the liberty braintrust Reply Reply with quote

Today I had to explain to the Mercury Ticket dept that I was not informed that the $100 deposit was non-refundable and I should get my money back since I ended up moving even farther away from Phoenix than I was.
They're still "looking into it"
Sac. refunded my deposit as soon as I let them know I wouldn't be able to get there this summer.

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duh me...lol...C-Rob only played that much better because Christon was there to take her spot. I sure hope she hasn't forgotten that.

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

y'know, slovy, i wouldn't be above saying something along the lines of, "now you don't really want me to put this little unpleasantness out there on every wnba message board there is, do you?"

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Catch the Liberty's stars in action:
The fearless drives of Becky Hammon
The long distance fireworks of Crystal Robinson
The patented hook shot of Elena Baranova
The tough defense of Vickie Johnson

Catch the F_Blaze_Coalition's stars in action:
The pathetic rebounding of Bethany Donaphin
The lack of a point guard mentality in Becky Hammon
The ever-soaring ticket prices, indirectly proportional to the number of wins
The bumbling player personnel decisions of Blaze

BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now, Cam, you're only saying that about Blaze because you want to be the Lib GM Wink

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that's not even sporting, cam. like shooting freakin fish in a barrel.

PostPosted: 03/16/05 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Hey, in NYC, every price is soaring Razz

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 03/16/05 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Picking on Liberty management? I know...much like me on a first date, it is too easy.

As for wanting Blaze's job, I would take it. Of course, Patty and Potter would both be gone as coaches.

herrade

PostPosted: 03/16/05 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Picking on Liberty management? I know...much like me on a first date, it is too easy.

As for wanting Blaze's job, I would take it. Of course, Patty and Potter would both be gone as coaches.

Hey cam, if you take over for FFO, will you make me the liberty "body guard"? Ahem.

PostPosted: 03/16/05 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cam, I hope you noticed that my comment was based on the Oovy bashing of Seth and his seemingly wanting to take over the GM job lol
I want to be the Lib scout and go to as many games as I can. Obviously, that is for not trading our picks for scrubs.

PostPosted: 03/16/05 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"A perrenial powerhouse" The marketing dept at MSG has a great sense of humor don't they? Cam, fellow members, the FBC has released a statement:

Here at the F Blaze Coalition, we want/have nothing to do with:
"The pathetic rebounding of Bethany Donaphin
The lack of a point guard mentality in Becky Hammon
The bumbling player personnel decisions of Blaze" as so eloquent and truthfully stated by FBC member Cam.

The aforementioned turnovers and misques are all Blaze, all the time. We don't account for, nor do we condone ballerinas, high priced cable or decision making aided by Blaze's local dealer. Only Becky has a part-time membership to the Coalition, soon to be upgraded to full-time for her public "F Blaze" admittance of what she and we have known for so long.

There are Blaze's Stars (Kelley, invisible point guard, Bethany) and then there is the FBC. Even with an average player age of 65, we think we'd still beat Blaze's team. We would also like to state at this time that we do not fully endorse the nepotistic (if it's not a word, it is now) promotion of Patty Coyle, who if you notice, at this late date still has no assistants, but if she does good, we will be forced to re-evaluate our position.

We will also be forced to grin and bear it if one or two of our own members (not just players) decide to re-join the sinking ship in front office, scouting and/or coaching positions as we trust our members will be strong and resist Blaze's corruption. We feel given the natural gangsta-ness of these possible hires, this is also the easiest, quickest, painless way to infiltrate the organization; from the inside-out.

Signed,
The FBC
herrade

PostPosted: 03/16/05 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

f_blaze_coalition wrote:
We will also be forced to grin and bear it if one or two of our own members (not just players) decide to re-join the sinking ship in front office, scouting and/or coaching positions as we trust our members will be strong and resist Blaze's corruption. We feel given the natural gangsta-ness of these possible hires, this is also the easiest, quickest, painless way to infiltrate the organization; from the inside-out.

very interesting.

so... were you suggesting that becky was in on the decision to move back to the 2? cause they way i had always understood it is that she really wanted to be at the 1, that she had been "working hard" to get there for years.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 3:01 am    ::: Re: from the liberty braintrust Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Today I had to explain to the Mercury Ticket dept that I was not informed that the $100 deposit was non-refundable and I should get my money back since I ended up moving even farther away from Phoenix than I was.
They're still "looking into it"
Sac. refunded my deposit as soon as I let them know I wouldn't be able to get there this summer.

Use your "connection" with the Brigade to get things fixed. There's a bunch of new hires in the office. Confused Rolling Eyes

Or you could apply it to a flex pass if you think you'll get out here a couple 3 times

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 03/17/05 5:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
f_blaze_coalition wrote:

very interesting.

so... were you suggesting that becky was in on the decision to move back to the 2? cause they way i had always understood it is that she really wanted to be at the 1, that she had been "working hard" to get there for years.

I've always saw it as Becky just wanting some pt (and I don't blame her), she would have preferred that it came with her at the 2 but if they wanted her to play pg she would (and did).

el_barrio_96_125

PostPosted: 03/17/05 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:
very interesting.

She may not have made the decision but I don't think she fought it. If she did have a hand in it, I wouldn't be surprised since it seems she runs the franchise. The Libs had been trying to make her a pg since 99 and she has worked extremely hard since then to earn her time and learn the position. Becky's "love of playing the 1" was just as manufactured as Richie's failed manipulation at sparking a Spoon vs. Becky beef which some fans fell for, but only made those 2 closer. It's more of what Str8 said, Becky would play center if it meant she'd get minutes. Becky is more like us than we give her credit for. It it were up to her, Spoon, Tari and Sue would still be here as long as Sophia wasn't. I won't deny that Blaze gassing her head up finally got to her and she began smelling herself last season losing all humility without one of the Elders to keep her in check. Becky's just another victim of Blaze's assmuption making and conclusion jumping. She didn't ask to be the star and I don't think she'd mind if someone else came in and took some of the load off.
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/17/05 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe prices are soaring but my season tix went down by $5, overall it's $50 less than last year!!

I wouldn't read too much into that email...after all they mentioned the 'popular' players: Becky, Elena, C-Rob & VJ. Christon although quite chatty & popularity soaring, hasn't reached the same status as the other 4.

I think the only one who touts Ann Wauters is Ann Wauters! Smile

Admiral_Needa wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Hey, in NYC, every price is soaring Razz

sambista

PostPosted: 03/17/05 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'm gambling on waiting. i wanna see what kinda team we're fielding before i plunk down for the whole season. i'd like to support the w no matter what, but there's something particularly unpleasant about walking out of the garden after a real stinker. but yeah, the prices have come down a bit. a friend who had under-the-basket seats on the visitors' end got some better ones that were actually cheaper. (i think he's right near you now, keira.) his rep had called and recommended he make the change to avoid getting bumped during the playoffs (such optimism, so soon). sounds like they're working hard for the money, and the good will.

PostPosted: 03/17/05 11:23 am    ::: Re: from the liberty braintrust Reply Reply with quote

[quote="1carol
Use your "connection" with the Brigade to get things fixed. There's a bunch of new hires in the office. :? :roll:

Or you could apply it to a flex pass if you think you'll get out here a couple 3 times[/quote]

LOL!

I did let the new gal know, "I got people"

I also told her if it would put her in akward situation as a new employee, I would try to use the $ for a nice seat if and when I get out there.
I was just a little frustrated because I've had some sort of account with PHX for the last three or four years and I felt I should have been told the deposit was non-refundable. The schedule isn't good for "out-of-towners" like me. - Not many weekend home games.
Had I stayed in L.A. I would have purchased season tix for Sac and maybe kept L.A. too. I had a great seat @ ARCO...
Ha! I just thought about something I'll miss from Cali ! lol!
Regardless of any misunderstanding with the Merc ticket dept, I'll be sending thank you cards to both PHX and Sac for several years of great service while I lived out west.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No bibb! I'm closer to the home bench, actually behind the home bench....Jersey Stupka is the one that has the seats behind the visitor's bench!

sebibb wrote:
i'm gambling on waiting. i wanna see what kinda team we're fielding before i plunk down for the whole season. i'd like to support the w no matter what, but there's something particularly unpleasant about walking out of the garden after a real stinker. but yeah, the prices have come down a bit. a friend who had under-the-basket seats on the visitors' end got some better ones that were actually cheaper. (i think he's right near you now, keira.) his rep had called and recommended he make the change to avoid getting bumped during the playoffs (such optimism, so soon). sounds like they're working hard for the money, and the good will.

sambista

PostPosted: 03/17/05 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KeiraNY wrote:
No bibb! I'm closer to the home bench, actually behind the home bench....Jersey Stupka is the one that has the seats behind the visitor's bench!

that's what i mean - my friend got better seats, where now he's over near you behind the home bench, instead of on the other end under the basket. (i told him it could get rowdy over there - he could get winged by a flying poster or something . . .)

PostPosted: 03/17/05 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nah, we don't hurt our own...LOL!! We're very well behaved peeps! I curse like a trucker and I HATE when people I don't know sit next to me, but otherwise, we're good!

sebibb wrote:
KeiraNY wrote:

that's what i mean - my friend got better seats, where now he's over near you behind the home bench, instead of on the other end under the basket. (i told him it could get rowdy over there - he could get winged by a flying poster or something . . .)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: