RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Grindr to a halt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 07/24/12 7:01 am    ::: Grindr to a halt Reply Reply with quote

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grindr-to-a-halt-gay-dating-website-1153495

Quote:
A gay dating website crashed within minutes of the first Olympic athletes arriving in London – due to the volume of demand

PostPosted: 07/24/12 9:57 am    ::: Re: Grindr to a halt Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/grindr-to-a-halt-gay-dating-website-1153495

Quote:
A gay dating website crashed within minutes of the first Olympic athletes arriving in London – due to the volume of demand

LMFAO... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Awesome!!!!
ucbart

PostPosted: 07/24/12 3:04 pm    ::: Re: Grindr to a halt Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Awesome!!!!

I'm on grindr and this is hilarious.....go gays!

ucdt3

PostPosted: 07/24/12 4:18 pm    ::: Re: Grindr to a halt Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Awesome!!!!

I'm on grindr and this is hilarious.....go gays!

Used to be, but now I'm taken!! Wink

Damn I wish I was single and in London right now!!! Lucky Richyyy!!!! Very Happy
bullsky

PostPosted: 07/24/12 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grindr members unite! Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/24/12 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:

I know, I just booked my tickets for Rio, 2016!!!

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 07/25/12 2:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
bullsky wrote:

I know, I just booked my tickets for Rio, 2016!!!

Rio's gonna be WILD! Think I might have to save my coins lol

PostPosted: 07/26/12 2:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good thing I switched to Growlr recently. haha

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/26/12 2:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like Grindr paid for this article.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/26/12 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The official response

http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2012/07/sorry-kids-olympic-athletes-did-not-cause-grindr-to-crash/260227/

Quote:
While we'd love to believe that the best-built men in the world all dressed up in Lycra and congregating in one place can generate a huge increase in Grindr traffic, we can say with confidence that the arrival of the Olympic teams had little or no effect on our server. The truth is that there are many factors that cause a technological service disruption.

PostPosted: 07/26/12 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That might be, but the amount of sex that will go on in the Olympic Village is tremendous. All those young and muscular athletes with pent-up frustration from training will fuck each other like rabbits.

Last edited by Genero36 on 07/26/12 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Genero36

PostPosted: 07/26/12 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Now, you’re probably thinking: What mistake could a guy who won three gold medals have possibly made?

My last Olympics, I had a girlfriend – big mistake. Now I’m single, so London should be really good.

If Australian media reports are any indication, Lochte didn’t waste much time reveling in his Olympic bachelorhood. Numerous outlets have linked the American superstar and main Michael Phelps rival to Australian swimmer Blair Evans.

The Herald Sun reports:

Lochte slipped under several lane ropes to say hello to Evans near the blocks when he first spied her at training but it was the brief underwater hand touching that set poolside observers speculating.

The duo later left the pool deck together to take the bus back to the athletes’ village.

http://blog.sfgate.com/olympics/2012/07/25/ryan-lochte-spotted-‘cozying-up’-to-australian-swimmer-blair-evans/

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/26/12 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
LONDON -- "Sex And The City" move over. Here comes "Sex In The Village." Make that athletes village. As in Olympics.

Tales of shenanigans at the living quarters for 10,000 super-fit young men and women have always abounded, and London doesn't look as if it will be any different.

U.S. women's soccer star Hope Solo recently dished about serious partying at the Beijing Games, and some newly arrived athletes say they can hardly wait for the fun to begin.

"The Olympics is the height of your career, so you might do some things you don't usually do," British beach volleyball player Shauna Mullin said with a giggle Wednesday.

Most, like Mullin, will restrain from going too far, aware they're in the international spotlight.

Still, there's no need to be prudish, according to the man overseeing the health of the Brazilian team.

"(Sex) is common at the Olympics. It's necessary. It's natural," Dr. Joao Olyntho Machado Neto said. "If you are going to be healthy people, why not make sex? ... Brazil is very tolerant with sex as a country. We don't have Victorian minds and we're not religious."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/18/olympic-village-sex-london-party_n_1684522.html

ddubdawg

PostPosted: 07/26/12 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just show me the pics. Bowchikieebowwow!

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/27/12 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The teens are involved too! Shawn Johnson and cyclist Taylor Phinney struck up a relationship in Beijing

Phinney would throw Johnson snickers bars from his balcony.

Next thing they knew, they were kissing in the lobby.

At the 1976 Olympics, 16-year-old Greg Louganis cozied up to the Soviet diving team, and saw one married male Soviet diver hooking up with his teammate

At the 2000 Olympics, javelin competitor Breaux Greer had sex with three women every day

Two were Olympians — a pole vaulter and a hurdler — and the other was a vacationer of Scandinavian decent.

He had to pull out of the competition with a knee injury.

Hope Solo snuck a celebrity into her room after winning gold in 2008, but she won't say who.

She said she was partying with Vince Vaughn, but didn't say who the celeb she brought back with her was. It's her "Olympics secret," she says.

The organizers of the 2000 Olympics ordered 70,000 condoms. It was not enough.

They had to bring in an additional 20,000 condoms to meet demand.

Now 100,000 are provided for every Olympics.

Ryan Lochte estimates that a massive 70-75% of athletes in the Village are having sex.

"I've seen people having sex right out in the open. On the grass, between buildings, people are getting down and dirty."- Hope Solo

In 2010, six athletes had an orgy in a whirlpool at a house outside the Village

Germans, Canadians, and Austrians were involved.

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/28/12 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ryan Lochte is pretty sexy.

dinkytown

PostPosted: 07/28/12 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Ryan Lochte is pretty sexy.

Def. Wish he would show up on my Grindr. Razz

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/29/12 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Within hours, word of the nearly vacant property had spread. Popping up once every two years, the Olympic Village is a boisterous city within a city: chock-full of condos, midrises and houses as well as cafés, barbershops, arcades, discos and TV lounges. The only thing missing is privacy -- nearly everyone is stuck with a roommate. So while Lakatos claimed a first-floor suite for himself, the remaining rooms were there for the taking. The first to claim space that night were some Team USA track and field fellas.

"The next morning," Lakatos says, "swear to God, the entire women's 4x100 relay team of some Scandinavian-looking country walks out of the house, followed by boys from our side. And I'm just going, 'Holy crap, we'd watched these girls run the night before.'"

And on it went for eight days as scores of Olympians, male and female, trickled into the shooter's house -- and that's what everyone called it, Shooters' House -- at all hours, stopping by an Oakley duffel bag overflowing with condoms procured from the village's helpful medical clinic. After a while, it dawned on Lakatos: "I'm running a friggin' brothel in the Olympic Village! I've never witnessed so much debauchery in my entire life."

Quote:
From one end of the village to the other, flags hang from windows and music blares from balconies. "Unlike at a bar, it's not awkward to strike up a conversation because you have something in common," Solo says. "It starts with, 'What sport do you play?' All of a sudden, you're fist-bumping." BMXer Jill Kintner, who won bronze in Beijing, says the Italians are particularly inviting: "They leave their doors open, so you look in and see dudes in thongs running circles around each other."

On the way to practice fields, "the girls are in skimpy panties and bras, the dudes in underwear, so you see what everybody is working with from the jump," says Breaux Greer, an American javelin thrower. "Even if their face is a 7, their body is a 20." In Beijing, even the adolescent female gymnasts got sassy with the water polo and judo boys who shared their training room.

Quote:
It's tales like these -- of connections made and just as easily ditched -- that have London-bound Olympians dreaming of the possibilities. "My last Olympics, I had a girlfriend -- big mistake," Lochte says. "Now I'm single, so London should be really good. I'm excited." So is American runner LaShawn Merritt, the reigning Olympic gold medalist in the 400 meters. "An Olympics to remember has to have those stories," Merritt says. "But I was too locked in in Beijing. This time, when I'm done leaving my legacy on the track," he says, laughing, "I'll make sure London remembers me."

Athletes spill details on dirty secrets in the Olympic Village - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/29/12 3:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Inside The Olympic Village

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/village17.jpg/[/IMG]

eclair

PostPosted: 07/29/12 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breaux Greer is a classy dude.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: